Balcones - the End?

ChainWhip
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

There is a picture of Mr. Tate in the Waco Trib article. Posing with all those little barrels makes him look like a giant. It looks like he's about 20' tall. The beard helps too. :lol:

I heard from an insider that is privy to much of the inner workings of the legal proceedings of this situation, that the Board's lawyers submitted that very photo as additional "proof" of the prevailing threat that the 20' tall abomination known as the "Giant Tate" presented to the company and it's employees. It appears that the judge was in "The Giants" pocket, as he was obviously oblivious to photographic evidence, and denied the petition.

First Colorado Whiskey goes the way of the board room takeover, now Texas Whiskey. It looks like I'll never have the chance to try either. :(

There is a picture of Mr. Tate in the Waco Trib article. Posing with all those little barrels makes him look like a giant. It looks like he's about 20' tall. The beard helps too. :lol:

I urge all who care enough to go beyond their own prejudices (the "pros") to actually spend some real time with at least the first half of the amazing court findings and filings which outline in great detail just what happened. It is beyond shocking.

TL;DR

Everyone except Jimbo: "Dang, sucks about Chip"

Jimbo from Balcones board: "I will not rest until I convince everyone here that Chip sucks."

TL;DR

Everyone except Jimbo: "Dang, sucks about Chip"

Jimbo from Balcones board: "I will not rest until I convince everyone here that Chip sucks."

Thanks, Trey! :D

Let's keep the thread about Balcones and not start cannibalizing each other.

Mmmmmkay?

Magic Eight Ball sez...

When I predicted that Tate would encounter investor conflict some weeks ago, I really thought we wouldn't know for some time.

?

The order was issued august 8th. So were you predicting or just reading?

I urge all who care enough to . . . . actually spend some real time with at least the first half of the amazing court findings and filings . . . .

Well, first I've got to do some grocery shopping, then laundry, bathe the puppy, then . . .maybe I'll wait until the Court actually makes a finding.

Not a lawyer, but it looks like Ownership can keep Tate on the sidelines for three years if they part ways. And in terms of growth the investors were targeting revenue of $1.47 million in 2013, $4 million by 2017, $8 million by 2019, and $15 million by 2023.

I am a lawyer and all parties are bound by the terms of the agreement until a Court rules otherwise. The hearing on September 18th is for the Judge to decide whether to make his temporary order permanent. A full blown trial could be a couple of years down the road.

So were you predicting or just reading?

Actually my real time is spent over at "The Rum Project", perhaps one of the oldest and the most read independent and non-commercial rum website on the net, with over 5,000 competent posts by a selected group of rum and spirits experts, and over 400,000 monthly reads. No "...it's all good, what I drank today trivial posts". If it weren't for the fact the instant "man bites still and then himself" saga wasn't such a delicious subject, I'd have continued my last 6 years of just visiting here for good reading and bourbon recommendations.

As far as predicting, I learned about the Shootout from from the the Waco Trib article of Sept 3rd as did this thread (posted 9/3), and almost everyone else, but not until September 6th and by complete accident. The following were posted, almost two weeks earlier...

August 24th:

"Balcones paints the opportunity for novelty and experimentation marketed narrowly to a niche audience for unique and hard-to-find products. Soon he will demonstrate this wisdom or the foolishness of losing control and supersonic scaling. If I were to enter this field, I'd follow Balcone's model of novelty with Garrison's commitment to slow growth, quality and control. “.

"Compare to Balcone's whose novelty young crooked whiskies - successful within a narrow niche of new adopters - face incredible risks in scaling so fast to a broad market, who may just not dig fig/honey/sugar whiskies to the same extent. Not to mention the growing pains and problems of managing a much larger operation confounded by large investors who may not be as patient as he...”

And the next day, August 25th:

“Yet he's clearly taken a giant leap into big production that pose a whole new series of business challenges and responsibilities that so far he's not had to worry about (as already detailed). Some small businesses are simply not appropriate for such rapid scaling to a much larger market, and his may well be one of them. A big, big risk."

...as that copy should make abundantly clear. It was clear to me that conflict was coming - but was as shocked as anyone to learn that the Brimstone smoke was so soon to hit the fan in such sudden, extreme, unreal and truly shocking fashion. Relax. Believe it or not - it's of no matter to me - but believe that like most, I truly regret the potential loss of such an inventive young micro-experimenter who seems to have been his own worst enemy.

DKTM...

Edited by Capn Jimbo

Actually my real time is spent over at "The Rum Project", perhaps one of the oldest and the most read independent and non-commercial rum website on the net, with over 5,000 competent posts by a selected group of rum and spirits experts, and over 400,000 monthly reads. No "...it's all good, what I drank today trivial posts". If it weren't for the fact the instant "man bites still and then himself" saga wasn't such a delicious subject, I'd have continued my last 6 years of just visiting here for good reading and bourbon recommendations.
Believe it or not - it's of no matter to me -

Ah, it's becoming clear what does matter to you. Nice work. Let me guess, SB wasn't the only place you posted your initial Pro/Con analysis. Did they get the follow-up Promotion, too? :lol:

I wonder if this little dustup is causing a "run on" Balcones? :drinking:

Now back to it's all good, what I drank today trivial posts. :coffeedrinker:

Man, I feel like Towelie on South Park: I have no idea what's going on. Maybe finishing off my Bernheim will help. It's almost 9AM, and I have a full day to cogitate about what the Cap'n just said. Baseball (Nats/Mets) doesn't start until 7PM, so I have some time.

That said, I am looking forward to the hearing more out of morbid curiosity (spent my professional life watching corporate squabbles) than interest in the products.

Here's a thought, the Court grants the injunction, Tate is sidelined and replaced with a new manager. Then Balcones comes out with a six year old Straight Rye from "The Award Winning Texas Distillery".

As far as predicting, I learned about the Shootout from from the the Waco Trib article of Sept 3rd as did this thread (posted 9/3), and almost everyone else, but not until September 6th and by complete accident. The following were posted, almost two weeks earlier...

...as that copy should make abundantly clear. It was clear to me that conflict was coming - but was as shocked as anyone to learn that the Brimstone smoke was so soon to hit the fan in such sudden, extreme, unreal and truly shocking fashion. Relax. Believe it or not - it's of no matter to me - but believe that like most, I truly regret the potential loss of such an inventive young micro-experimenter who seems to have been his own worst enemy.

DKTM...

Those are impressive credentials, giving great weight to your deep thoughts here. I am sorry I doubted your "I'm fair and balanced, and just happened to come to this rational conclusion" shtick earlier.

Your well thought out and unbiased contributions are greatly appreciated.

Here's a thought, the Court grants the injunction, Tate is sidelined and replaced with a new manager. Then Balcones comes out with a six year old Straight Rye from "The Award Winning Texas Distillery".

What's funny about this is we would have to completely alter our process to create a 6-year-old product.

Regarding distillery management, Jared Himstedt, who was one of the distillery's founders and now long-time Production Manager and Distiller, is still in charge of production.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!