What rye did you purchase today? Fall/Winter 2014

GaryT
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

In what way? MGP puts out a well regarded rye.

Agreed. All of the Willet 3-5 Year single barrel ryes that I've had have been excellent. Although I haven't tasted this particular 8 year old, my friends say that it's excellent.

Agreed Indiana makes some great ryes and I would be surprised if 80% of the ryes on the shelf comes from there.

Just personal preference. I'm tired of it. Bored of it. Don't drink it anymore.

Edited by Hedonist

Agreed. All of the Willet 3-5 Year single barrel ryes that I've had have been excellent. Although I haven't tasted this particular 8 year old, my friends say that it's excellent.

I agree that as far as LDI goes, Willett makes a good bottle. The Willett 4 year is one of the best LDI's I've tasted.

Still, I prefer the Willett 2 to the Willett 4 by a very substantial margin.

Added another SAOS 8yr barrel proofer to the bunker after finding I liked it more than THH (and at $50 - can't envision finding a better deal!)

Added another SAOS 8yr barrel proofer to the bunker after finding I liked it more than THH (and at $50 - can't envision finding a better deal!)

Scandalous!!! MGP rye over the venerated Handy??? :shocked:

Just kidding. Good for you to stick with your palate over the "brand" name. I am right there with you! In theory anyway as I don't have a SOAS rye at the moment but I certainly am going to get that before subjecting myself to the insane hunt for overpriced BTAC Handy. And it even helps your wallet as well. Hard to beat that deal!

Still, I prefer the Willett 2 to the Willett 4 by a very substantial margin.

Then that bodes well for both you and Willett as they roll out older versions of their make.

Would love to find some SAOS rye here. All we have is 8yr Willet at $90 :(

Then that bodes well for both you and Willett as they roll out older versions of their make.

Yep. Willett is one of my favorites rye-t now. Looking forward to the more aged bottles. Just wish it were a little less expensive.

I don't have the SAOS 8yr in my area but I can get all the 7 yr I want. It is not only delicious but @ $34.99 very affordable.

High West A Midwinter Nights Dram for $60. I already like Rendezvous and this is a nice enhancement. I highly recommend it.

Picked up a 6-year Willett today. Rarely see anything Willett in NJ, so I figured I would give it a try.

On my way home from work on Friday, I found the Hudson Maple Rye (second batch) for $37.99. Granted it's for 375 ml bottle, but I enjoyed the first batch and have only seen it on the shelf for $49. Took two, left one.

High West A Midwinter Nights Dram for $60. I already like Rendezvous and this is a nice enhancement. I highly recommend it.

Which Act was it?

After hearing Country talk it up so much I pulled the trigger on an SAOS 8 yr BP rye while restocking the house wine today

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!