Willett warehouses

squire
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I made a statement in another thread that the warehouses at Willett have been empty for years and though questioned no one seems to know for sure whether that's correct. So, has anyone here walked through those warehouses? For those of you who have purchased a barrel of whisky from Willett did you visit more than the one floor of the warehouse where the selection was made?

Drew isn't talking and IIRC anyone who has done a barrel selection onsite has signed an NDA regarding what is in the warehouses.

not many businesses can have other people make the majority of their stuff, refuse to disclose the source, AND get top dollar for their product. I'd guard the secret too!

not many businesses can have other people make the majority of their stuff, refuse to disclose the source, AND get top dollar for their product. I'd guard the secret too!

Pretty good business model if you can swing it.

...and that's a wrap folks! :thankyousign:

Scott it's been my understanding those non disclosure agreements covered the barrel headstamps of the stock on hand. This is the first I've heard Willett prohibits their customers from mentioning whether they've stepped into any warehouse other than the main one.

Fox that's probably the most cogent comment so far.

Looks like pictures didn't transport. I'll try again. But, if doesn't come through, enter website and go to "Shots" and "Rickhouses".

http://www.kentuckybourbonwhiskey.com/photo-album.html

So I like that to set your year of birth you have to scroll forward in time. Somehow I like that better than seeing how long it is taking me to get back to that year from the present:cool:

So I like that to set your year of birth you have to scroll forward in time. Somehow I like that better than seeing how long it is taking me to get back to that year from the present:cool:

:lol: I noticed the same. Cracked me up. Not sure I've seen that direction before...'course I'm at about that year where it takes the same number of spins on the wheel to get to my year, regardless! :lol:

I've been in 3 of their rick houses, and they are not empty. there are at least those three that have barrels aging. One was not full, but the other two seemed full from my limited exposure (I didn't walk through and explore, but there were no large gaps in the ricks I saw). I have no doubt that some are either empty or only partially filled. Willet has an issue at the moment with their property. There's another property behind them that is used mainly for hunting that has no other road access other than right through Willett, and zoning commission (I guess) won't allow them to gate or fence the property entirely for that reason. So their property isn't exactly as secure as they'd like, so they have to be careful about what is kept on site until it is resolved. the impression I got is that they owned barrels that were being stored by the producers they'd bought them from nearby...very nearby...cough cough.

the impression I got is that they owned barrels that were being stored by the producers they'd bought them from nearby...very nearby...cough cough.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.