Foreign Whisky of the Month - 10/2014: Supernova (SN2014)

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Been getting quieter in these FWOTM threads, so let's get specific, and see how many people are actually opening them. So for October, and sorry we're late here, the Foreign Whisky of the Month is Ardbeg Supernova 2014.

Already highly reviewed by some I'd love to hear what people have to say. Love to see photos of open bottles on this one as well. Slainte!

If anyone wants a bottle, it's still sitting on the shelves in Maryland. I'd be happy to point you to a store that has it.

Found some bottles in KC and opened one of them as soon as I got home. Both my wife and I enjoyed it, she compared the pallet to eating pear sitting around a beach campfire.

post-9128-14489821577841_thumb.jpg

I am up in the air with this one...there are 4 bottles at my local liquor store for $159.

I'll tell you the same thing I said to MtnDew ^^, that's pretty cheap from everything I have heard of people getting these across the country. The reviews are all good for the most part. Worst case scenario it may be desired by others for a swap at some point.

It's probably one of the better releases since Alligator from Ardbeg - I like it... But whether or not it's worth $159 to you is a question you'll have to answer on your own.

15497621201_d03416db6e_z.jpg

Edited by ChainWhip

I am up in the air with this one...there are 4 bottles at my local liquor store for $159.

Hit me up on PM if you want a sample to try before committing to a full bottle.

So, I had a small pour of this recently, not sure if it was the competition I had before it - as seen in the photo ChainWhip posted in the Wee dram thread - or if it just needs to open up more, but while good, it wasn't great. As others have said, probably the best Ardbeg since Alligator, but not sure how much that is saying when Uigeadail seemed about equal at 1/3 the cost. I'll revisit eventually.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.