1979 Old Weller Bourbon Whiskey

undersky
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I can tell you it was good when it was bottled and depending on storage should be fine now. Fill level looks good.

Definitely open that sucka up!!! I would assume that it's wonderful juice; though, not knowing how it's been stored, it could also be sub-ordinary. But, hey; you'll never know 'til you taste the bugger!

Open it up, sample it and give us some tasting notes.

You intend on drinking it, right?

I've never had a gold vein that old, but the ones I have had were some of my favorite all time pours.

Suspicious in what way? The bottle was handed down to me. I'm not a big drinker and just looking for some info so you can put your suspicions away.

Edited by undersky

Suspicious in what way?

Well, it might have been better if you'd asked in what ways.

To start with, you evidently didn't bother to read the "Users Agreement" you agreed to when becoming a member of Straight Bourbon. http://www.straightbourbon.com/index.php/links/forum-rules

Nor the "New User Guidelines".

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/announcement.php?f=43&a=9

And then there's the "Update: Welcome, And Helpful Hints For New Members".

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?18923-UPDATE-Welcome-And-Helpful-Hints-For-New-Members

In a nutshell, this is a site for people to share their fascination with bourbon. It's a place for folks that are truly seeking knowledge about bourbon, to come and learn more about it. It's also a place where most of us like to share our knowledge, thoughts and stories about said spirit. Some people will post at least a little something in their profile when they become a member here, and are seemingly intent to enjoy and use the site for what it is meant for. You posted nothing at all about yourself in your profile. Then, your first post/thread was YOU looking to sell your 1979 OWA to help pay for some DJ equipment you just bought! :skep: Yes, it was deleted. It's against our rules, (see above) plus it's illegal to buy, sell or trade alcohol without a license.

You evidently didn't get the hint when your original post was deleted. I'm guessing that you didn't receive any responses from your inquiries elsewhere, so you came back here, reworded your post trying to play nice, and tried again. :rolleyes: We have some very astute members here, plus we've seen this same type of thing many times before. A new members first post is asking about the value/price of a bottle.(However thinly veiled the actual reference to selling it for $$$$ might be.) They don't get the answers they're looking for, and they leave the site, never to be heard from again. Like I said, we've seen it before, and unfortunately, we'll see it again.

Suspicious? All things considered, that almost sounds like an understatement to me. More than likely, a few others here are probably thinking the same thing.

I hope that answered your question Rick.

Have a nice day.

Joe

Well, it might have been better if you'd asked in what ways.

To start with, you evidently didn't bother to read the "Users Agreement" you agreed to when becoming a member of Straight Bourbon. http://www.straightbourbon.com/index.php/links/forum-rules

Nor the "New User Guidelines".

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/announcement.php?f=43&a=9

And then there's the "Update: Welcome, And Helpful Hints For New Members".

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?18923-UPDATE-Welcome-And-Helpful-Hints-For-New-Members

In a nutshell, this is a site for people to share their fascination with bourbon. It's a place for folks that are truly seeking knowledge about bourbon, to come and learn more about it. It's also a place where most of us like to share our knowledge, thoughts and stories about said spirit. Some people will post at least a little something in their profile when they become a member here, and are seemingly intent to enjoy and use the site for what it is meant for. You posted nothing at all about yourself in your profile. Then, your first post/thread was YOU looking to sell your 1979 OWA to help pay for some DJ equipment you just bought! :skep: Yes, it was deleted. It's against our rules, (see above) plus it's illegal to buy, sell or trade alcohol without a license.

You evidently didn't get the hint when your original post was deleted. I'm guessing that you didn't receive any responses from your inquiries elsewhere, so you came back here, reworded your post trying to play nice, and tried again. :rolleyes: We have some very astute members here, plus we've seen this same type of thing many times before. A new members first post is asking about the value/price of a bottle.(However thinly veiled the actual reference to selling it for $$$$ might be.) They don't get the answers they're looking for, and they leave the site, never to be heard from again. Like I said, we've seen it before, and unfortunately, we'll see it again.

Suspicious? All things considered, that almost sounds like an understatement to me. More than likely, a few others here are probably thinking the same thing.

I hope that answered your question Rick.

Have a nice day.

Joe

And most recently of all, a "Roman Toga Party" was held from which we have received more than two dozen reports of individual acts of perversion SO profound and disgusting that decorum prohibits listing them here.

And most recently of all, a "Roman Toga Party" was held from which we have received more than two dozen reports of individual acts of perversion SO profound and disgusting that decorum prohibits listing them here.

You just encouraged me watch Animal House for the first time. Thank you kind sir.

It ought to taste much better than a turntable.

However, I think DJ Weller must be having a busy weekend, since we haven't heard back from him.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.