WTRB Marinade

KyleCBreese
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I usually marinate a skirt steak in soy sauce and chili flakes (sometimes garlic) for about 24 hours and then grill the next day. This time I decided to add WTRB to the marinade since I wanted to finish off the bottle. It actually turned out really well. The WTRB added a creaminess to the steak.

Anyone else use bourbon in their marinades?

Never tried it on steak but use it quite often in chilli and as a ham baste.

Gonna have to try it on steak for sure.

My wife (who hates bourbon, but cooks with it for me) marinated some steak in a marinade with bourbon which I grilled a week ago and we finished it off last night. It was wonderful and my wife loved it also. Only problem, she doesn't remember how she made the marinade! I have the feeling it will be fun while she tries to recreate it though.

• 3 months later...

I just had this thought about adding Bourbon to a Brine for Chicken. I love experimenting with brines. I have my base brine which consists of Brown Sugar, Kosher Salt, Light Soy Sauce. Now adding a couple oz of Bourbon to the mix for Chicken wings, thighs, Leg & Back, then smoke with 1 part hickory 1 part apple. May just do the trick. I didn't want to start a new thread, I was hoping there was a thread already started.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.