Evan Williams Red Label

kwshannon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The black label (probably for the neck) says" Evan Williams Bourbon Experience", which is their downtown Louisville location.

Edited by Phil T

The black label (probably for the neck) says" Evan Williams Bourbon Experience", which is their downtown Louisville location.

Sounds like a road trip.

that'd be a definite must buy....a HH 12 year BIB of sorts. you guys know how I likes me some 6 year BIB

I'm in, if it comes around to Michigan.... or if I make to the GS or up to the EW Experience at some point.

I too, would like to compare it to EC-12. Here's hoping it prices out at about that same point.

My favorite EW is the white label Bib. It is far superior to black label and the small batch. I have not tried the single barrel. I would most welcome a 12 year old BiB.

I would also welcome this and give it a try. EWBIB is one of my go to's and I don't have to bunker it because it is always available.

My favorite EW is the white label Bib. It is far superior to black label and the small batch. I have not tried the single barrel. I would most welcome a 12 year old BiB.

This. I've never had an EWSB that will touch the BIB.

This. I've never had an EWSB that will touch the BIB.
That would not surprise me in the least. Aged 12 years, bottled at 100 proof and from the same distilling season if not the same barrel. Hard to see how the Single Barrel can beat it or the white label BiB.

Still may need to try the Single Barrel to confirm this.

Edited by kaiserhog

Im betting this is a EWE gift shop item only, as the last picture says evan williams experience on the TTB site.

but, lets hope Im totally wrong, as I would buy this without question if retail available and priced properly (under $40)

I was told there was new 12 or 15 year Evan Williams coming to the gift shop maybe 3-4 weeks ago. I'm guessing this is it.

You guys that live so close to all of the gift shops are just so fortunate. At least the rest of us get a quick and tasty feedback.

Anyone know how the EWE is with prices?

My limited experience with the EWE is that their prices are about like most gift shops... a bit high. But, that's expected given their situation. They don't want to undercut the retailers who push their products. I did pick up a selection for the Jockey Club last year (EW SB Vintage) that was extremely tasty. It was a few bux more than any store price I'd seen, but was signed by CB so I scooped it, as much for a souvenir as anything; but it was certainly worth the extra cheese. Marvelous!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.