50 ml. Bottle collection

dSculptor
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hey Guys,

Thought I would show you the cabinet I just finished for my 50 ml. bottle collection that I have been putting together for awhile now. This is what happens when business gets slow this time of the year, start looking for things to do.

It's 80" x 22" made out of aromatic red cedar that I had milled from a log that I cut down years ago. It will hold 216 bottles, I have 86 in there now, but will eventually fill it (these are all the bottles that I have owned ,still have a bunch that are bunkered that will eventually get put in). I figure it's like a time capsule for some lucky person down the road in 50 yrs.(probably my grandson)

Dusty's for the future!

post-10789-14489821763919_thumb.jpg

post-10789-14489821762567_thumb.jpg

post-10789-14489821763089_thumb.jpg

post-10789-14489821763558_thumb.jpg

Very cool, Don! I've considered the 50ml time capsule idea. That's a great way to display your mini library.

Pretty cool! Might I suggest not only sharing your collection with your grandson or granddaughter but creating memories by opening and drinking the samples with them. Think of the stories you could share about the different pours and they will know which were favorites. My father didn't drink but my grandfather and I shared a few beers. Something I would love to be able to do today. Meanwhile, it is a cool collection!

Thanks guys, and yeh that would be cool to pop those with my grandson, great idea! I'll set my sights on when I turn 90,he'll be 39, I'll pop the PVW23 first, but .... I'll give him a little taste.....:cool:

I'm not seeing much love for Four Roses there. It shouldn't take too long to fill that mini rack up - lookin' good!

Thanks amg, bottles are from specialty bottle they are the 1.7 (50ml) sauce bottles. A decent pour.

Hey Guys,

Thought I would show you the cabinet I just finished for my 50 ml. bottle collection that I have been putting together for awhile now. This is what happens when business gets slow this time of the year, start looking for things to do.

It's 80" x 22" made out of aromatic red cedar that I had milled from a log that I cut down years ago. It will hold 216 bottles, I have 86 in there now, but will eventually fill it (these are all the bottles that I have owned ,still have a bunch that are bunkered that will eventually get put in). I figure it's like a time capsule for some lucky person down the road in 50 yrs.(probably my grandson)

Dusty's for the future!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19855[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]19856[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]19857[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]19858[/ATTACH]

I dream of going to an estate sale and finding something like that.

Great idea and very well done! Showed your photos to my wife, mentioned I thought it was a great idea ... her response "Great, just what I need, more bourbon displayed in my dining room!"

Great idea and very well done! Showed your photos to my wife, mentioned I thought it was a great idea ... her response "Great, just what I need, more bourbon displayed in my dining room!"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.