American (non-Apple) Brandy

biskuit
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Any brandy fans out there? Germain-Robin? Osocalis? Anyone tried the new immature brandy or craft brandy from Louisville-based Copper & Kings? I'd think there'd be some Kentucky brandy fans out there, and that the bourbon mania might at least bleed over into brandies like Germain-Robin's Old Havana and the like. Love to hear any opinions/recommendations.

Any brandy fans out there? Germain-Robin? Osocalis? Anyone tried the new immature brandy or craft brandy from Louisville-based Copper & Kings? I'd think there'd be some Kentucky brandy fans out there, and that the bourbon mania might at least bleed over into brandies like Germain-Robin's Old Havana and the like. Love to hear any opinions/recommendations.

Ah, cool, didn't see that post over there under the French stuff. And I did just try both their sourced brandy and immature brandy - I'm just really happy to see someone doing something different than every other distillery opening up doing vodka or moonshine. Their sourced brandy is not from a single distiller, but a collection of stuff they've gathered from several places. Per owner Joe Heron, "We have brandy aged from 4 to 13 years in the bottle. We’ve found our sweet spot is around 7 or 8 years."

(Further thoughts, and some info from Copper & King at http://www.thirstysouth.com/2014/12/18/copper-kings-brandy/)

• 4 months later...
I own a 1.75 L bottle of Paul Masson VSOP Grande Amber Brandy that I use for mixing cocktails. If I wanted a "sippable" brandy, I'd splurge on cognac.
You might try armagnac instead. Typically less sweet with more bourbon-like characteristics. Not that there's not lots of good cognac out there as well.

As for American Brandy, I want to try Germain-Robin at some point. See if I like it.

I had some of Starlight Distillery's Reserve Brandy a few weekends ago and it was very tasty and sippable. They have a younger brandy too, but they wouldn't let me try it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.