Private Preserve for Whiskey?

greatgoo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

looks like to cut costs they use a lot of nitrogen, which is not as heavy and effective as argon. I use 99.something percent pure argon and it seems to work well.

I have a can that i have used for bottles that i want to save for a while. Just a heads up, the can feels empty even when its full so don't freak out when it arrives.

I have a can that i have used for bottles that i want to save for a while. Just a heads up, the can feels empty even when its full so don't freak out when it arrives.

I swear by this stuff. The whiskey will oxidize and change flavor over time. Many people don't notice the difference and don't worry about it. I'm jealous of them. If I don't use the spray my bottles become downright undrinkable after a month or so. More so as the fill level gets down low.

I do use this stuff. But only for bottles I am only going to open once every few months. May or may not do exactly what I think it will, but it makes me feel better knowing that there is at least something other than air touching my valuable whiskey.

• 1 month later...

It seems like many of you use the PP bottle. I know it was brought up but do most of you keep the original cork when using this method? Assuming it looks all normal.

I just counted 28 opened bottles and I think it's time to preserve some of them haha

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.