Crown Royal Texas style

squire
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Tried it again. Neat it tasted nyquilly to me, water improved it. This bottle is going to sit on my shelf for a looong time.

You would like the Monarch I think, it is practically as good as the regular formulation could ever be. Pinpoint precision in a great blend i.e., tastes both rich and light at the same time.

Gary

I have heard good things about it from several folks. I will have to give it a try. Thanks.

Okay I figured it out, Nyquil (the cold medicine).

Maybe, the medicine note is a good one because it connotes a straight whiskey character (flavors of spice and mint, etc.).

Gary

• 3 weeks later...

enjoying a pour of this fantastic whisky as i type. easily one of canadas finest offerings. damn this juice is good!

OK have had a couple samples thanks top Mr Gillman and if I was to hazard a guess, this is what the Gimli blender interviewed in Davin de Kergommeaux's book as Batch Base whisky. Might be wrong though. Seems like it has too much softness to be the regular Base Whisky.

REALLY soft stuff. Thanks Gary - never had anything quite like this before!!

I can find crown royal easily at my local store but I do not care for any of their products :D

OK have had a couple samples thanks top Mr Gillman and if I was to hazard a guess, this is what the Gimli blender interviewed in Davin de Kergommeaux's book as Batch Base whisky. Might be wrong though. Seems like it has too much softness to be the regular Base Whisky.

REALLY soft stuff. Thanks Gary - never had anything quite like this before!!

Glad you are enjoying it Mr. F - I think it's one of the heavy type whiskies in the basic blend, not the stuff distilled out at a high proof. The waxy acetone edge gives it away (plus the new charred barrel taste). Very sound stuff by any measure!

Gary

Edited by Gillman

• 4 weeks later...

crown royal hand selected barrel has been introduced to the general public and will soon be available in select states.

so far these states have been confirmed. someone asked if it would be on shelves by fathers day and they said yes. thats the only hint of "when" i have found so far.

Colorado

Wyoming

Minnesota

Ohio

Virginia

South Carolina

Florida

Alaska

Louisiana

Tennessee

South Dakota

Wyoming

Mississippi

Nebraska

Nevada

Michigan

Pennsilvania

Oregon

Arizona

Illinois

Utah

Missouri

Georgia

Edited by typoerror

Is it going to be the same 103 proof everywhere?

Basically are different markets going to be getting anything different?

Is it going to be the same 103 proof everywhere?

Basically are different markets going to be getting anything different?

I would guess it is similar but if and when I see it I will let you know!

2 barrels touched down at one store here, both @ 103 proof. i would expect it to be the same across the entire range.

they are coming with their own unique burlap sack instead of the reserve felt bag they were coming with in texas.

hey thanks, typoerror. I'm wiping my brow a little that I don't seem to have to chase the output for individual states!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.