Cigar Notes

MurphyDawg
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I figure as a new cigar enthusiast that I would benefit form taking notes as I enjoy a herf, much like I do when drinking new bourbons (and to post here as well). I was just wondering WHAT should I be looking at in a cigar (equivalent to color, nose, taste, mouthfeel, finish in bourbon). Knowing what to look for should help me decide if I like it or not, and to pass my thougts on to you.

Thanx for the help.

TomC

You will see a lot of the same flavors that can show up in Bourbon plus others .....vanilla, spices of all kinds, cedar, coffee, cream, pepper, leather, woody, etc. Be sure and make note of the wrapper's color, texture, and general appearance (ie smooth and oily or rough and veiny). Make a note of the burn....even with a nice white ash or irregular. Finally, categorize it as mild, mediem or full bodied. Look forward to your reviews.

DoubleBlank

good deal, I plan on having something tomorrow on my day off. Maybe I will review that one.

TomC

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.