OFBB Spring Version Sitting on the Shelves

pepcycle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

As I travel around Kentucky and stop in the usual bourbon hot spots, I see that just about every Liquor Store has cases of OFBB Spring Version remaining. Did B-F miscalculate the popularity of this product and will they still release the fall version? I'm concerned that they may hold the fall version or reduce the number of cases bottled and distributed.

confused.gif

Hmm... sounds like good news to me... having a better than anticipated supply of a 'rare' bourbon... grin.gif

-Chris

At least one bottle made it all the way to Hi Time in Costa Mesa, CA, and subsequently into my modest stash.

I had to resort to Binny's to get a bottle of the first OFBB.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Funny about supplies and supply niches. I didn't even start looking for the '02 until I began reading here about the '03 release everyone was looking forward to -- and I found a single bottle at a local liquor store where I thought I remembered seeing a couple previously. This was about the same time the '03 shipped, so I wound up buying the '02 and '03 the same week.

I know a place here in NY is just getting their 2 cases of the Spring in next week... Talk about a long wait over you guys in KY, 2 months!? confused.gif At least I got mine during the festival. I just hope we get the Fall by the end of the year. Speaking of the Fall, out of curiosity, has anyone (Omar since you were the OFBB info-dude) gotten word when we can in fact expect to see the Fall distributed in KY?

Mark,

The OFBB distributor said they plan to release the Fall edition on or about December 8th. I don't know if this will change with the surplus of Spring cases in stores.

One reason KY has plenty of cases to sell is that Alabama didn't take its share -- 80 cases.

If you ask me, those cases should have come to NY and Florida. grin.gif

Omar

If you ask me, those cases should have come to NY and Florida. grin.gif

I'm with you on that front Omar! toast.gif

Thanks for the 'planned' date of release. Let's hope they still continue through with their original plans and release it on that date. I can hear people now though, "wait until after Christmas when I'll have more bourbon money." lol.gif

• 2 months later...

As I mentioned in another post I just saw the Fall version at Park Ave Liquors in NYC this past weekend. They had just expired their Spring version and when they opened up a new shipment it was indeed the Fall bottling.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.