Ancient Age 10 star discontinued?

5cents
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just read this from Fred Minnick's post on whiskeyadvocate. I am wondering if it is a typo, supposed to be ancient ancient age 10 star, or if there was an ancient age 10 star I was not aware of.

"We also have solid evidence of brands discontinuing products—see Early Times 354 and Ancient Age 10 Star—to use these earmarked stocks for more popular brands"

http://whiskyadvocate.com/whisky/2015/02/27/there-is-a-bourbon-shortage/

Maybe he's getting this confused with 10-Year?

Edited by chrisg

I have another question about this I hope isn't too far off topic. I just got a 375 of AAA 10 Star. It says aged at least 36 months. My 750's of this do not have an age statement. Did they lower the age of this? Back on topic, Hope he meant the 10 year being discontinued

I have another question about this I hope isn't too far off topic. I just got a 375 of AAA 10 Star. It says aged at least 36 months. My 750's of this do not have an age statement. Did they lower the age of this? Back on topic, Hope he meant the 10 year being discontinued

Maybe the age statement is a reflection of the new push, for the moment at least, by TTB to require an age statement on straight bourbon under 4 years.

I think he later said (in the comments or somewhere) that he meant 10 y/o not 10 star.

I think he later said (in the comments or somewhere) that he meant 10 y/o not 10 star.

I must have missed that. I only skimmed the comments. thanks

I must have missed that. I only skimmed the comments. thanks

Hmmm. Not in the blog comments. Maybe it was on Facebook or I just imagined it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.