Ogd 86

km1589
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So I noticed today that the store I frequents had 1 OGD 86 1.75 and 1 750. The rest were 80 proofers. Should I go pick the 86ers? I like the ogdbib quite a bit just wanted to get the scoop. Thanks in advance for the feedback

The 86 proof OGD versions are history. They are modern era dusties.

They're pretty recent dusties though. If you like the bonded then stick with the bonded imho

They're pretty recent dusties though. If you like the bonded then stick with the bonded imho

Yeah, but there's a reason Cliff has a jazillion rare dusties in his collections...cuz folks used to say not too long ago; "They're pretty recent dusties, though." And, he just mosied on by, and scooped em up...:lol:

Low risk investment - buy one and give it a go. If you like it - buy more while you can! If not, you won't lose any sleep. When Ritt BIB was changing over, I bought my first DSP 354 to figure out if I needed to bunker before it was gone. Learned I like the new DSP 1 better!

Haven't seen an 86 around here in quite some time. When it was available, I never bought one even though I have taken home many BIB and 114. There just didn't seem any reason to think I would like the 86 as much as those. Now that it's gone, I am thinking I probably should have tried one just to know for sure how it compared. I say pick one up for the educational value (yet I still have no intention of ever buying the 80!).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.