What rye did you purchase today Spring/Summer 2015?

TunnelTiger
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It looks like BT's rye production ramp-up is starting to hit maturity.

Maybe we'll be getting a bottle number increase in Handys this year.

Or maybe they need to pass through and start becoming the new Saz 18s and VWFRR.

Either way, it's nice to see baby Saz slowly regaining its place on the shelves. It's nice to have some sanely priced rye options in addition to Rittenhouse.

I picked up a bottle of barrel select Catoctin Creek rye. Had a small pour of it last night and was really surprised how tasty it was.

Picked up a bottle RR Rye single barrel. Hope to crack it soon

Didn't realize that was on shelves already! Do you mind me asking what the price was?

I was hoping for $50! Oh well, I'll probably still pick one up eventually.

I missed this one the other day - I am very interested in this one - anyone had it yet or put up some tasting notes?

Picked up a 750 of Royal Crown Northern Harvest Rye with, 90% Rye Mash, at 90 proof, for $27 plus Tax. This is new to me! Has anyone had this? Any comments will be appreciated.

Picked up a 750 of Royal Crown Northern Harvest Rye with, 90% Rye Mash, at 90 proof, for $27 plus Tax. This is new to me! Has anyone had this? Any comments will be appreciated.

picked up 2 bottles of the high west 16 year old rocky mountain rye. i really enjoy the 21 yr rye, but its really a nice dessert rye.

i'm excited to try this new 16 yr

Had a glass last night, first taste for me. Reminded me slightly of MGP rye, but at a less intense level. Nice quick sipper as a order some dessert to go for the misses on the walk home from work last night.

Not a bad deal for the price when you want a less bold rye.

picked up 2 bottles of the high west 16 year old rocky mountain rye. i really enjoy the 21 yr rye, but its really a nice dessert rye.

i'm excited to try this new 16 yr

Dang! Didn't think any was left in the wild......or ????

B

Back on topic, picked up a Alberta dark batch rye today. Probably my first purchase in at least a month. Curious about this one.

Bought a bottle of Rebel Yell Small Batch Rye (Straight Rye) today. Pretty good straight, really nice Manhattan. Honest label stating the whiskey is distilled and aged in Indiana. No stupid fake backstory.

I was thinking of giving that a try as well, but I just could not pay the difference in price. It's a mental thing I guess, but I can buy Rebel Yell for $9.99 + Tax in my area, however, the Rye is going for $25.99 That put me off!

I was thinking of giving that a try as well, but I just could not pay the difference in price. It's a mental thing I guess, but I can buy Rebel Yell for $9.99 + Tax in my area, however, the Rye is going for $25.99 That put me off!

I understand your dissonance here Johnny, but that is about the general market price for MGP ryes from any number of labels.

Dang! Didn't think any was left in the wild......or ????

B

HW Re-released the 16 year last week. It's a blend on 95% rye (LDI) and 80% rye(Barton). Only available at the distillery at present.

I'm curious to try it and compare with the initial batch from many years ago.

On another note, the new batches of MWND should be coming out in the next few weeks.

Thanks altadoc, that's good info. Almost makes me want to drive down there and grab a bottle, prob not worth it though. Maybe I'll see if one of my local friends can grab some for me until I can get down there!

I had a great trip to Sam's today. Went to the Sam's I frequent most often and for the first time ever, for me, at this store, I saw a row of six 750 bottles of Baby Saz at $24.28 per bottle. Dam, I picked up four and left two for the next guy! When you do see it, in my area, it's usually $34.99 or higher. I did find one a few weeks back for $29.99 and it was the last on the shelf.

I had a great trip to Sam's today. Went to the Sam's I frequent most often and for the first time ever, for me, at this store, I saw a row of six 750 bottles of Baby Saz at $24.28 per bottle. Dam, I picked up four and left two for the next guy! When you do see it, in my area, it's usually $34.99 or higher. I did find one a few weeks back for $29.99 and it was the last on the shelf.

That's a good pick-up Johnny. Baby Saz is a solid rye and that is a great price.

That's a good pick-up Johnny. Baby Saz is a solid rye and that is a great price.

Yes, it's a very solid rye. It's in my top five, which are all usually $30 or under, in my area. If I find any of them on sale, I will always buy a bottle or two. I enjoy each of them for different reasons.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!