WT 101 The Bourbon & The Rye ???

johnnyflake45
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I am wondering if it's just in my area or is it everywhere. I cannot find any of either of the shelves. I did see a couple of 1/2 pints here and there of the Bourbon.

Since I have not bought any in a couple of years and now I can't find any, if I do, what is a fair price range for both?

I'm surprised you can't find WT 101. I see it everywhere: grocery stores, drug stores ... If I were buying it, I'd look around to find it around $20. The 101 rye has only been in some markets since it was re-introduced with the new label. There's a lot of info in the rye forum. I have never seen a new one in the wild.

Did the rebirthed 101 Rye make it out to the west coast? Or just a few cities there?

I can still get the 101 bourbon for $19.99 and the 1 liter 101 rye for $32. I don't bunker because they are so readily available.

Do not waste any money on the 81 proof version.

I can still get the 101 bourbon for $19.99 and the 1 liter 101 rye for $32. I don't bunker because they are so readily available.

Do not waste any money on the 81 proof version.

I do aggree with that. I had a couple of pints gifted to me, a year or two ago. I was not impressed in the least, in fact I may still have one hiding somewhere, I don't think I ever opened the 2nd one.

Is it true that the new distillery they built ended up not having any additional distilling capacity? If so, could this be the reason everything WT/RR seems in somewhat short supply?

1L WT101 is $24 at a Costco in IA. ~$22 for a 750 here in Chicago. 1L WT101 Rye is $45 here in Chicago, haven't seen it elsewhere, but I haven't been looking. I bought one bottle when it returned to the market and haven't bought a second, it's just not worth the $45, even as a 1L bottle.

1L cost me $30 on Long Island. I can get 12% off at times. Still more than I am reading you guys pay.

the 101 rye is back?

Yeah, big thread about it in the Rye subforum. The short of it is back in some markets earlier this year, liter bottles only and targeted towards bartenders, price is up a bit from what it was but thats to be expected, to my taste feels a little thinner and younger than bottles I've had previously but what doesn't these days.

Yeah, big thread about it in the Rye subforum. The short of it is back in some markets earlier this year, liter bottles only and targeted towards bartenders, price is up a bit from what it was but thats to be expected, to my taste feels a little thinner and younger than bottles I've had previously but what doesn't these days.

I was able to snag a bottle of the new WT 101 Rye. It is still good, but it is definitely younger than before and thinner. But of course with ryes, young isn't always bad. It is still a hell of a whiskey. I like it better than Rittenhouse BIB.

Rye is available in 11 states. I bought one bottle when it was first re-released and I regretted it. Not a very good rye, IMO. Too young and thin.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.