Special bottle you can't bring yourself to open?

IowaJeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I just can't bring myself to open my WT Tradition. Not only is the bottle nice but the MrsTT likes the wood box it's in to stay where it's at.

Maybe when she gets into a re-decorating mood......

You can always drink it, keep the box and re-fill the bottle with regular WT (or tea) and no one would be the wiser :-)

I have a number of bottles I'm reluctant to open, almost all because of rarity/scarcity, but figure I will do so one of these days. Will be having a small group of good friends who truly appreciate bourbon over in a couple of weekends, and plan on telling them I'll open any bottle(s) in my collection if they want to try it. It will be interesting to see what they may choose.

I only have one bourbon that I truly feel this way about, and that's the 2007 WLW. Fortunately, I have a few bunkered. I've went so far as to put a couple of those away (along with a few other things ;)) for safe keeping. It will be a sad day if/when I finally manage to get down to my last bottle. :crazy:

Cheers! Joe

The only bottle I have that fits this description is a VXOF 10 year. It's in the presentation box with glasses, maybe I'll open it for my 50th birthday......maybe.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.