"Empty Bottle Support Group" sideline.....

Enoch
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Do you ever hang on to a wee-dram in a bottle that you know you can't replace and just hate to see it all gone for good?

I'm down to about 2 oz of a FR select that is so good that I hate to accept I'll never get it again. I did finally put it in a 2 oz bottle to save for a special moment.

I can't seem to pour the last of CEHTBP - 135.4 . . . loved it from the start and will miss it when it's gone.

I'm too concerned about oxidation. IMO a very small amount of whiskey in a bottle over a long time becomes quite different than what you started out with.

Someone once said that the reason we tear up when we behold something of beauty is that we know that it can't last forever. Drink the whiskey and savor the memories.

I used to be that way about some bottles. Not any more though. If I open a bottle now, it will be finished in due course. One or two may linger a little bit longer, but they won't sit open for months.

Cheers! Joe

Yes. I have two fingers left in a dusty WT "8 year" 101. The lower it gets, the more I Savor the Flavor.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.