Chicago - Binny's and Drugstores

mbroo5880i
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My son is up in the Waukegan area this weekend. He normally makes a stop for me at Binny's Do they have any interesting, difficult to find bourbons/ryes right now? I have found that sometimes they carry things not listed on the website...for example, WL2, OWA? Has anyone seen 1792 Sweet Wheat there? He will be stopping at the Highland Park store.

I would also like to have him pick up some Larceny (it is close to @28 here). Do any of the drugstores in the Chicago area (e.g., CVS or Walgreens) carry it cheaper? For some reason, I thought they did.

He won't stray too far off of US 41 so I usually have him stop in Highland Park.

Thanks!

I haven't seen sweet wheat yet...I checked the store on grand Ave earlier today. They have bookers for 45.99 of that is your kind of thing. I also grabbed a Smooth ambler 7 year rye

• 4 weeks later...

I'm headed to Chicago this weekend. Are there any Binny's store selects that are particularly good?

I spoke to someone at Binny's today. No Sweet Wheat, but they had EHT Barrel Proof

This may not be strictly responsive since the OP is asking about stuff in the north burbs close to 41, but, if you're in the City, it's worth trying some of the non-Binny's options; they have stuff that gets overgrazed at Binny's. I've seen WSR, for instance, at Cardinal and Foremost, but not at several Binny's I've been to recently.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.