Need help identifying old bottle - Roman Kentucky Straight Bourbon

Bostonbro5
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My friend gave me this bottle that he found in his parents basement. His father bought this bottle at least 30 years ago. I have tried to find any information on this bottle online but I'm not having any luck. It has a six year age statement and is 86 proof. It was bottled for Meyers liquor in Plainfield NJ. I'm thinking it's a Very Old Barton private bottling? Either way it is pretty tasty, seems to be a low rye bourbon with some nice flavor to it.http://imgur.com/a/DM8Co#O47zv08

My guess would be Heaven Hill simply because they have been the most active in the bulk market. Also, their basic Bourbon is not as rye forward as typical Barton.

maybe its just me or the picture, but it looks really lightly colored for 6 year old glut era bourbon.

I did a business entity search at the Pennsylvania secretary of state website. The name "Associated Distillers Products Co." returned a hit for a fictitious name registration filed in 1961. You have to pay $3.00 (and set up and account) to get the actual document.

A different unofficial listing states the true company is "Kasser Distillers Products Co." According to this news article, Kasser was a rectifier/NDP that closed in 1989. Kasser's main bourbon was "Country Club Bourbon" (the link is to an newspaper advertisement showing all of Kasser's products) which was a 6-year 86 proof bourbon (same as your bottle).

In the end, we're back where we started. Kasser bought its products from someone, but its not clear who.

About the age of the bottle, I'm guessing it was bottled between 1977 and 1979. The tax strip says "tax paid" which started in 1977, but the volume is still listed in pints which continued until around 1979.

Edited by jsrudd

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.