Got a Flask?

B_Dub___Cigar_Ambassador
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Got a Flask?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Got a Flask?

• Yes
    • No
    • My lawyer told me to plead the 5th

The replacement 3.5 oz. flask arrived promptly. I have used it several times now.

It, too, has a cap-retainer that seems to have the wrong geometry. I have found that if I stop tightening it at the first point of resistance, it will leak slightly. If I continue to tighten, the resistance decreases, allowing another half-turn. At that point the leak stops.

With repeated use I have found that the initial point of resistance is becoming less -- either that or the exercise is causing the strength in my thumb and forefinger to increase.

In any case, this flask is serviceable, although not as well designed as the 2.5 oz model, which seals easily and securely.

Based on this one transaction I would say that Nordale is a trustworthy seller.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

I would send them a copy of that post, Dave, with a note that it's been posted on a prominant message board for bourbon enthusiasts.

$0.02

Nightcap,

Here's the message I sent to Nordale when they first informed me that they would instantly replace the broken flask.

Mike,

What amazing service! And on a Sunday, to boot!

You have earned (or are about to earn) yourself a favorable mention at my favorite cyber-forum, www.straightbourbon.com.

Thank you for your prompt and favorable response.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

----- Original Message -----

To: David Morefield

Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2003 11:04 AM

Subject: Re: Broken Flask

Hi David,

Not a problem. We are sending you a new 3.5 oz flask out on Monday.

At 01:01 AM 12/7/2003, you wrote:

I recently ordered both the 2.5 oz. and 3.5 oz. flasks.

The smaller one is doing fine.

The larger one broke the first time I tried to use it, [snip]

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to follow your suggestion, as well.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

B Dub,

I just stumbled on some cool flasks on ebay.

Old Kentucky Store

I don't know a thing about these people, I just bid on a checkbook cover they had. I thought ya'll might be interested.

Merry Christmas Everyone... drink.gif

Bj

Very cool flasks BJ, but I couldn't find one for Knob Lick Polytechnical University listed. Wonder if they make one for the Fighting Roadkills?

Wonder if they make one for the Fighting Roadkills?

I've heard of them. That's the team from the Gravel Switch Institute of Culinary Arts... lol.gif

They're a pretty small school, so that's probably a special order skep.gif

Bj

Let's see, Hmmmm?

Isn't Gravel Switch the home of the annual Outhouse Relay??

The Roadkills and Outhouse Relay. I gotta visit this place.

wink.gif

Mr. Ed,

Isn't Gravel Switch the home of the annual Outhouse Relay??

lol.giflol.gif Why yessur, it is... lol.gif

Penn's Store

When I was a kid, we'd all pile in the car and 'go to the country' to visit. We went to Gravel Switch...

Merry Christmas to you and Patty!

Bj

Penn's Store reminds me of some of the country stores I used to see when I was growing up. My dad and I would go fishing somewhere on Saturday afternoons and almost always there was a country store that we could stop at for a cold drink. I particularly remember the country store in Jewett MO where you crossed the St Francis river on highway C that was cut back into a bluff. The whole parking lot seemed to be paved with rusted bottle caps. Sadly, none of those old stores exist anymore in that part of the world except for a couple on highway 67 south of Fredericktown MO. The rest are only fond memories.

Dane

• 3 weeks later...

Over New Year's, my brother was travelling internationally with a full flask of Old Grand-Dad BIB in his carry-on luggage. The TSA made him dump it out. He offered to chug it but they said no.

What price security!?!

Chris,

why would they care if he drank it or dumped it?

'Cause then they wouldn't get to sell him JB white for $8 a shot... lol.gif

I mean think about it. What sort of security risk would a full flask of Bourbon present? Can't you see the hijacker now...screaming instructions and waving his flask? lol.gifskep.giflol.gif

Making a man pour out his Bourbon is just plain criminal... crazy.gif

Bj

What sort of security risk would a full flask of Bourbon present?

I suppose the worry is over flammable liquids. A would-be hijacker might substitute gasoline or something more insidious for the Old Granddad. But you're right--once they got a whiff of what it was, they should have left him alone. I'd be like "here...drink.gif...see, it's harmless!"

I guess I'm a 'rules-is-rules' kind of guy, but -- even pre-9/11, the airlines didn't allow anyone (at least, not knowingly -- it's written in the ticket document) to bring their own beer/wine/alcohol on board for consumption on the plane. They used to let you carry sealed containers -- e.g., wine bottles in your carry-on, but didn't allow you to open it. That's not to say there aren't people who've done it -- but it's long been against the rules. So, the only thing new about this policy is its enforcement.

I've never had any problems with sealed bottles on plane.... thats how I got my two bottles of Stagg home. They didn't even make a comment about them.

I've never had this problem. Usually I am tranporting because I bought some spirits while on vacation, drank part of a bottle, and am taking the rest home. As recently as August '03.

In addition I have always brought tequilla back from Mexico on each trip.

Thanks for the heads up.

In carry-on or checked baggage? There seems to be no problem with checked baggage. In my brother's case it was carry-on.

Of course, inconsistency is a hallmark of airport security. I suppose that keeps the terrorists guessing. Us too.

In carry-on or checked baggage?

carry on! I'd be afraid of breakage if checked.

I've had (& declared to customs, by the way) as many as five or six bottles of tequila at one time. Never been stopped and never paid duty.

Brought back bourbon from Florida that I'd been drinking this past summer. Therefore an unsealed bottle.

Usually the tequila's been mostly sealed (maybe one bottle opened from my consumption in Mexico).

Sounds like I've been lucky and your brother found an enforcer.

• 7 months later...

My girlfriend bought me a flask as a graduation gift this summer and it sure comes in handy when i fill it up with Evan Williams 7 and don't have to pay

6-9 bucks for drinks.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!