Aged Egg Nog

GaryT

On 9/7/2019 at 9:55 PM, evasive said:

Made a double batch of Ruhlman’s today. WT101 is the main ingredient.

68DFC5DE-2EA1-43BB-A826-3FAF21FC7816.jpg

Nice!  I made a batch last 4th of July and served it on Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Very boozy to the non bourbon drinkers, but I liked that as it gave me peace of mind that I was well above the 20% ABV safety mark.  Overall a big hit.  I will make another batch soon for the upcoming holiday season.  

My yield was 3x 32oz Mason Jars.  Whipped cream was a necessity.

• I like it 1
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GaryT

• Lepisto

• evasive

• Richnimrod

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m a little late to the party, making my first batch tonight. I’ll still squeeze in 3 weeks in the fridge before Xmas. There’s a long-running eggnog thread on another forum I follow, and I’ve seen

It tuned out nicely. I filled a bunch of 12oz amber bottles for gifting.

Gotta LOVE that eggnog cup!   Bullwinkle rides again!   Hell, even if the aged 'nog is ordinary; the presentation is FABULOUS!

Posted Images

I use AB's recipe as well except use half rum and half bourbon for the liquor aspect. Always have done a large batch and have some that's currently 3 years old.

Screenshot_20200221-133835_Instagram.jpg

4 hours ago, Jbbuck said:

I use AB's recipe as well except use half rum and half bourbon for the liquor aspect. Always have done a large batch and have some that's currently 3 years old.

Screenshot_20200221-133835_Instagram.jpg

Wow . . . . 3 yrs old . . . that's damn impressive!

First - welcome to the board!

Second - is this the first batch?  Or have you had any aged that long before?  If I could make this is smaller batches, I would have done some experiments to see where it peaks (some of mine that was close to 2 yrs old didn't seem any better than a batch that was a year old, but I can't say it was any worse either).  

• 8 months later...

Sad to report that my last batch made Dec 2018 was lost due to an extended power outage (or at least I didn't have the nerve to try it).  Made a small replacement batch today figuring nearly 2 months should be good enough for this holiday season.

• I like it 1
13 hours ago, GaryT said:

Sad to report that my last batch made Dec 2018 was lost due to an extended power outage (or at least I didn't have the nerve to try it).  Made a small replacement batch today figuring nearly 2 months should be good enough for this holiday season.

I've got one that I made over the summer which should be at six months come December.  Our outage was only four hours and the fridge was still cold when it came back on.  If you need a resupply, I'll drop off a carafe.  ?

• I like it 1
  • 1 month later...