Auchentoshan American Oak

kaiserhog
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I like all of Auchentoshan's regular lineup: Classic, 12 year old and 3 Wood. Auchentoshan has discontinued the Classic in favor of the American Oak. Has anyone tried this? Please tell me what you thing.

• 4 months later...
On 10/9/2015, 8:10:37, Megawatt said:

Had this a while ago. Not a huge Toshan fan myself but thought it was pretty nice.

You are right Megawatt, it is very nice.  It is very relaxing and not to demanding, which sometimes is a good thing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Someone just brought this over last night. I really enjoyed it. We opened a number of bottles, and this one was towards the end, so I need to try it out again at some point with a fresh palate.

I think tonight will be a recovery night though. We opened like 12 bottles last night.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I bought a bottle of this a few days ago based on the low $30 selling price and what I had read and heard about many of the other Auchentoshan bottlings. I still haven't tried any of them and this is my first purchase of any Auchentoshan scotch. I hope this first one won't be a disappointment, but at a little over $30, I'm not expecting anything better or worse than maybe Glenlivet 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Had it again tonight.  Not great.  Tastes strongly of raisins, almond extract, and olives.  I think it's time for me to give up on Morrison Bowmore brands.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.