Laphroaig 10 first pour

bdrinker
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

40 minutes ago, bdrinker said:

True. Could even be Talisker, which Diageo owns, and I know is used in jw black label. 

Talisker and/or Caol Ila seems to show up I practically every JW blend! In one of my favorites, Green Label (a blended malt of four different malt whiskies and indeed maybe the only JW I drink with any regularity) both Talisker and Caol Ila are present, along with Linkwood and Cragganmore. At least that was the case last time I checked.

Clynelish, an unpeated highland, is another malt commonly found in various JW blends and quite tasty on its own.

• 1 month later...

I was eyeing the laphoaig quarter cask today, I debated and debated, I picked up the Smokehead instead. I'm really lovin the peat and smoke. The peat I'm really lovin is the port charlotte, smokehead, would it be possible I could fall in love with the laphroig offerings? Perhaps the quarter cask or cask strength?

Laphroaig is nectar from the gods.  If you have a problem with it, it's probably better to ask yourself "what's wrong with me" rather than question the whisky.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.