Distillery Camera at BT

tommy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

For anyone who hasn't noticed this on the Buffalo Trace website, you can now see live video of what's going on in the Blanton's bottling warehouse. The Fermenter Room and Still House are listed as "coming soon." So you can sip Blantons while observing your next bottle being filled and corked. Pretty cool stuff! smile.gif

Tommy

That's very cool.. I wonder what the employees think?

Something neat just happened. I just spent 10 minutes on there and I watched a couple of staffers as they saw the video head moving around as I panned and tilted. One woman, who appeared to be managerial, showed another employee how the cam worked. I could see the image on her screen and she kept trying to turn the camera off of them, while I kept returning it. Kinda fun. Big brother is watching smile.gif

They're running the second batch of Woodside Partners' Reserve right now. Julian is there watching the operation. The labels say a run of 200 bottles. That means each 1/15th share will get 13.33 bottles. I wonder how the .33 will be distributed? cool.gif

I can't stop watching the webcam!

I really like being able to control the camera. That takes the

experience to a whole new level.

Tim Dellinger

Hey, was that you that kept moving the camera around while I was trying to read the label? lol.gif

PVW23YO!!!!

I can't wait. That's gonna be a side by side. Old 23 vs New 23 (Oxymoron? New 23 YO)

Did you notice if the windows and doors were locked?

blush.gif

Did you notice if the windows and doors were locked?

LOL. I almost hopped on a plane to check, but that would take at least 12 hours to get there.

Julian is in the house, he's putting the bottles in embroidered velvet tubes, then into custom boxes, before the case.

Dave,

I'm only 20 minutes away and drove by there today. If I knew, I would have stopped in and visited. (Hey, got any extra labels?) I could wear my Harpo Marx coat. (How did that get in there?)

confused.gif

What did they bottle and pack at 15yo and 90 proof? There's a pallet of it ready to ship.

DoubleBlank

Now I'm confused on what's on the pallets. There also seems to be a packing slip for VW's 12yo SpRes on the same boxes. Does this mean that the VW12yo is really a 15yo? Just curious.

DoubleBlank

Even with my slow connection at home, I got a real treat today. Got to watch the line pack up 23 yr old Pappy Van Winkle. Why does it have to be now, when Christmas shopping has drained my excess cash? I guess those of you who are PVW23 fans can consider this an alert that it's coming soon.

Dane

I watched for a little while today as they put labels (I think that's what they were doing) on Rain vodka miniatures (50 ml) and harkened back to Bettye Jo's note in another thread about how the bottling lines seldom ran full-speed for an 8-hour shift. What I watched today sure seem labor-intensive.

It also was interesting to think of vodka being run on the same line that ordinarily produces (mighty fine) bourbon. Could two drinks be much more different?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I also noticed that the Fermenter Room camera is back.

No controls for the Still House camera, though.

The highlight, though, had to be watching them bottle the GTS a few weeks back.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.