Which Bottle to Open Tonight

b1gcountry
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Help me decide. These are all my first trys of these

Crownroyal northern harvest rye

SAos7

4R OBSF or OESK

WT rare breed

Edited by b1gcountry

Kinda depends on what you are looking for. Is that SA rye or bourbon? But I too would tend to lean towards the Four Roses BP bottles. Hard to say which mashbill so might as well do both and do a comparison!

Hard to go wrong with the 4R or SAOS, so I'd be inclined to open one of the others in the off-chance that you might not like it, then you can open up one of the others to cleanse the palate.  :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, TunnelTiger said:

I'm the type that would have a pour of each and then go with the one that was hitting the spot best.

^best idea ever.  was just in at a local shop talking to one of the owners there and he suggested just that to me since your palate can always change.  he said just to pour a little sip and see if that agrees with your palate before pouring an entire glass, not a bad idea, but I think this might lead me to drink more if I can't seem to make up my mind ;)

15 minutes ago, DonutsNBourbon said:

^best idea ever.  was just in at a local shop talking to one of the owners there and he suggested just that to me since your palate can always change.  he said just to pour a little sip and see if that agrees with your palate before pouring an entire glass, not a bad idea, but I think this might lead me to drink more if I can't seem to make up my mind ;)

Well that probably is the best way to do it but I'm just not a sipper, it's two finger pour or no at all

25 minutes ago, TunnelTiger said:

I'm the type that would have a pour of each and then go with the one that was hitting the spot best.

This.

Before I even opened the thread and started reading answers, my response was "All of them". Good thing there weren't a dozen bottles in the running.

The SAOS is the 7 year bourbon.

The OBSF was the last one on the shelf, so I couldn't get more even if I wanted.

I have never tried the Four Roses 'E' mashbill. I've never tried any private selects.

I have a dozen unopened bottles waiting for their chance. I just don't have room for all of them...

3 hours ago, b1gcountry said:

Help me decide. These are all my first trys of these

Crownroyal northern harvest rye

SAos7

4R OBSF or OESK

WT rare breed

I would open the Northern Harvest, taste it first and then go to the Four Roses.

That Canadian Rye is very nice, light and delicate. Sort of a light beer of the whiskey world.

I decided on the OBSF on account of I didn't have any 4rsb open at the moment. I should say I stayed with the OBSF. I keep all other options open.

my first impression of the OBSF is: I like it.
Stay tuned for more

OMG!!!  The 4R Cult sucked in another one!!

OTOH, one usually cannot go wrong picking 4R, but I'm partial to the SAOS 7 even though I more opened 4RSB CSs in the house.

I like rye,what can I say!I'm also really excited about the saos though

I'm tasting a lot of brown sugar and baking spice on this one. There is more going on that I just can't identify. I know I like it so I guess it doesn't matter what it is :)

Edited by b1gcountry

Hey man, if you want to put me in that cult right now, I wouldn't complain. I'm not a huge fan of their SmB though. I like a little sweetness in my bourbon, and I don't get that in SmB.i

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.