Charbay Release IV

Underhilltab
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It's apparently being released now...but only about 114 bottles to the public.  Has anybody sampled it or know anybody who has sampled it?  I'm wondering how it compares to prior releases. 

Haven't seen any tasting notes yet, but I can't imagine that an extra couple years in a "neutral vessel" would impart too huge of a difference.

i'll let you know once the bottle arrives.  it just shipped yesterday.  

apparently they will be releasing a final charbay v at some point next year as well

Thanks altadoc.  Please do let us know what you think.  It looks like Release III is still lingering around for purchase, but Release IV seems to be a smaller release.  Although, I wonder if the balance of the Release IV bottles that are "headed to the Charbay library", according to the Charbay website,  will actually be up for sale in the not too distant future.

• 2 months later...

finally got around to opening this bottle.  as with anything else they do, this whiskey is incredible.  same funky, hoppy nose, the deep resiny flavors from release III are still there but deeper and more well rounded.  the finish lasts forever.  its hard to believe this whiskey is almost 70% ABV.

i'll post a more detailed review later.  but two thumbs up to the folks at charbay!

also- to anyone here who loves it as much as i do, send them an email and get on the wait list for release V...

Sounds great.  I haven't had my sample yet.  Looking forward to your review. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.