Stew

Number 1 favorite snack with bourbon?

mosugoji64

I've found that pumpkin pie and rye whiskey make a delicious pair.

• I like it 1

Redslayer

A fire roasted marshmallow.  Seems that bourbon just melts thats warm carmelized sugar away!   Unfortunately, living in Florida I only get a few months of the year to enjoy this pairing.  

• I like it 1

whiskey buyer

Popcorn, and not the microwave kind, the old fashioned throw the kernels in the hot oil, listen to it pop, add some salt, and sit down with a big  bowl and a rock glass. The rock glass is for the popcorn, and the big bowl for the bourbon:)

• I like it 1

Richnimrod
1 hour ago, whiskey buyer said:

Popcorn, and not the microwave kind, the old fashioned throw the kernels in the hot oil, listen to it pop, add some salt, and sit down with a big  bowl and a rock glass. The rock glass is for the popcorn, and the big bowl for the bourbon:)

Now, THAT'S what I call an evening!   You GO, Dude!   (Or dudette, ...not to be sexist but you seem like a dude, although, of course such assumptions are certainly hazardous.)

• I like it 1

whiskey buyer
19 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Now, THAT'S what I call an evening!   You GO, Dude!   (Or dudette, ...not to be sexist but you seem like a dude, although, of course such assumptions are certainly hazardous.)

I am a dude, and old one at that.

• I like it 1

Richnimrod
9 hours ago, whiskey buyer said:

I am a dude, and old one at that.

HA!   Me too.   We, gentlemen of a certain age, must get together and make a pact to hold fast to our beliefs; that ALL Americans deserve MORE BOURBON IN LARGER CONTAINERS!

• I like it 1

GaryT

I go with pretzel rods/sticks, or sometimes microwave (YES - that kind!) popcorn.  

• I like it 1

dcbt

I'll echo the cheese-and-crackers.  Usually strong cheddar and the weird-sounding chicken-in-a-biscuit cracker (that sounds made up, but it's not!)

• I like it 1

Smithford

Squirrel Brand Creme Brulet Almonds. You can get them at Starbucks, and a few other places.

• I like it 1

Knocksville10

Pretzels and assorted cheese. Can't beat it.

• I like it 1

Phil T

For years, my favorite snack with either beer or bourbon has been peanut m&m's.

• I like it 1

MelissaM

I tend to do more dessert type stuff, shortbread, chocolate, tiramisu...My favorite bday treat is a nice glass of bourbon with either chocolate mousse or these super hipster, hand crafted, humanely raised ring dings that come from Brooklyn. 

• I like it 1

Richnimrod
3 hours ago, MelissaM said:

I tend to do more dessert type stuff, shortbread, chocolate, tiramisu...My favorite bday treat is a nice glass of bourbon with either chocolate mousse or these super hipster, hand crafted, humanely raised ring dings that come from Brooklyn. 

...ring dings???    Pardon my hopelessly unworldly experience; but, ... What's a "ring ding"?

• I like it 1

JoeTerp
2 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

...ring dings???    Pardon my hopelessly unworldly experience; but, ... What's a "ring ding"?

Drake's Ring Dings (2 Boxes)

Chocolate covered cake with a cream filling

• I like it 1

smokinjoe

Or, Hostess Ding Dongs. :D Which of course, were better for some reason when wrapped in foil rather than the white BOPP that they are now. 

image.jpg

• I like it 1

Richnimrod

Ahhh, OK.    I remember them as the Hostess brand; 'Ding Dongs'.   Never seen (that I'm aware of) the Drake brand.       It's been so long since I lookt at any of this sort of baked treat, that I assume I'm totally out of the loop. 

Thanx for that illumination, Joe Terp, and Smokinjoe.    I have a dim memory... Did 'Ding Dongs' morph into 'King Dons' at some point?    I seem to remember that there was some issue with trademarked brand names or something.

Sorry for the thread drift.....

• I like it 1

smokinjoe

Yeah, there was a trademark infringement issue somewhere along the way, and Ding Dongs went to King Dons.  Then back again.  King Dons now are in Canada , I believe.  I think all 3 are owned by same company, now.  

• I like it 1

jvd99

Cheese, any kind, straight-up or on a cracker. 

• I like it 1

Midwest101

I'm going to jump on the chocolate chip cookie band wagon. Not something I usually have at hand but my girl made some fresh tonight and they compliment my Russel Reserve SiB quite well. Beyond that, when I drink bourbon neat, I typically don't snack on much else. Meals are usually eaten with water. Bourbon for dessert.

• I like it 1

mrt

Chips, nachos, with or without cheese, if I am kind of hungry as well. Orherwise, dark chocolate...or nothing :)

By the way, I enjoyed reading all those tasty ideas here :)

• I like it 1

Redbeard

I have enjoyed both Vermont and New York Cheddar slices on Ritz crackers but i think my favorite are s.moked flavored almonds

• I like it 1

IBLSKeith

Mrs. Sullivan's Pecan Pie!

From Jackson, Tennessee....

Mes. Sullivans.png

Edited by IBLSKeith
Added location
  • I like it 1

gurgalunas

Various nuts work, but I prefer the richer ones.  Not peanuts as much as almonds, walnuts, pecans (candied are great), cashews.

Chocolate, in a variety of forms, is good.

Baked goods, especially ones heavy on fall spices and brown sugar/molasses, are great.  Ginger cookies, zucchini bread, pumpkin pie, etc.

One of the grocery stores has a sweet snack mix with honeyed cashews, several types of baked sticks, butterscotch chips.  This is probably my favorite...

• I like it 1

ondarocks

Crunchy peanut butter made from 100% peanuts, the kind you stir to mix and refrigerate. Brings out the oakiness in bourbon.

• I like it 1

Justin
On 2/4/2017 at 9:54 AM, IBLSKeith said:

Mrs. Sullivan's Pecan Pie!

From Jackson, Tennessee....

Mes. Sullivans.png

Would you recommend any of Mrs Sullivan's other products as well?  I am contemplating an order...

• I like it 1