HELP > First Bourbon tour - Have Questions

-icon-
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hey guys! Heading out to Frankfort in Late Feb for a day with 6 buddies to participate in a BT Barrel Pick. Working in a Hard Hat tour, as well as a trip over to Four Roses for their "VIP" tour. I had a couple questions I was hoping you guys could help with. 

ITINERARY: Arriving Wed PM, Touring Thursday Feb 25th, Departing Fri
HOTEL (Fairfield Inn) > 10am Buffalo Trace for HH Tour, Barrel Pick, Lunch > Ride > 2pm Four Roses Distillery Tour > Ride > HOTEL

TRANSPORTATION:
We are looking at a way to responsibly get around Frankfort while there... particularly the transport between hotel and distilleries. Also considering transport for the night out (dinner & whatnot).
What are your suggestions on these options:
• Limo / Tour Service : Looks like $70-80/hr for limo/van service. Seems silly to pay $700 for 1 hour of actual driving. 
UBER: Does Uber/Lyft work in the frankfort area? Are there sufficient drivers to get 2 cars at a time for the 7 of us? 
• Taxi Service : Any ever just booked a taxi van as a transfer from site to site? 
• Other : What other options exist? Are we not even going to get enough at 2 tastings to even have to worry about it, and drive ourselves? 

DINING/ENTERTAINMENT IN FRANKFORT:
• Steakhouse/Dinner options? Coming into town Wed night... will be eating out Wed/Thurs nights.  Capital Cellars gets good reviews. I also see Longhorn Steakhouse, Johnny Carinos, Addies, Serafini, etc. Looking for good meals, decent bourbon selection is a bonus. 
• Going out... any suggestions for bars/nightlife that might be remotely interesting for 7 guys on a Wed/Thursday night? Obviously a good/fairly priced bourbon selection is nice... but not required. 

Thanks in advance guys!

Edited by -icon-

Sounds like a fun time with friends.  You may be challenged on Thursday to squeeze in your Buffalo Trace activities starting at 10:00AM and getting to the Four Roses distillery by 2:00PM.  The drive from Buffalo Trace to Four Roses distillery will take 25 to 30 minutes depending on how many lights you hit along the way.  That would leave you with 3.5 hours for your Hard Hat tour, barrel pick and lunch.  I would suggest eating a good breakfast, skip lunch or just have some snacks to tide you over and then chow down at dinner so you have more time for your Hard Hat tour and barrel pick.

I can't help you with your transportation issues.  Or your dining options.  There's not many options outside of the chain restaurants if you are looking for a nice unique place to dine in the Frankfort/Lawrenceburg area.  You would find a far greater selection of dining options in Lexington if your group has its own transportation.  Don't forget to share your experience when you return.

Thanks for the feedback. I think we're going to be okay based on what BT is saying. Just in case I've moved our FR tour to 3pm to be safe (thanks!). The lunch is provided by BT as part of the experience. 

Current Itinerary (just guideline... I'm sure the day will flow differently) 

TIME LOCATION
9:30 Pickup at Fairfield Inn Frankfort
9:45 Arrive Buffalo Trace Distillery
10:00 Buffalo Trace Hard Hat Tour
11:30 Buffalo Trace ER10 Barrel Pick
12:30 Lunch @ Buffalo Trace
13:30 Depart Buffalo Trace
14:00 Arrive @ Four Roses Distillery
15:00 Four Roses VIP Tour (45min-1hr)
16:00 Depart Four Roses Distillery 
16:30 Drop off @ Fairfield Frankfort

That should leave us plenty of buffer time to have a nice relaxed day. The time at BT has been what they "quoted' us. 

I don't think we're going to branch too far from Frankfort unless necessary. We'll likely be drinking fairly heavily by the evening and don't want to risk it on the road (or incur crazy cab fare). 

To those who may know.... Does Uber/Lyft operate in the Frankfort area? How reliable is it? What about taxi service? 

Thanks! 

Edited by -icon-

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.