EH Taylor Seasoned Wood

timmitchell
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Pictures of the upcoming Seasoned Wood release have been appearing from the bottling line. Looks to be coming out around March or April like last year's Cured Oak release. The label describes it as a wheated bourbon treated with an innovative method of bathing and natural outdoor seasoning. No press release from Buffalo Trace yet.

Everyone put their helmets on. This one is going to be war to get.

I hope Texas doesn't do what they did with Cured Oak and divert the entire state's allocation to bars and restaurants, but I'm sure they found that easier for them. Sheesh.

I didn't see one in the wild last year....AT ALL.  Not in a bar, not in a store.  I will be on the lookout this time around, but am not getting my hopes up.

Based on what I have gathered from various sources, there should be significantly more bottles to try and capture in the wild than there were for Cured Oak. I would be surprised if there was less than 10K available. 

Cured Oak came and went pretty quickly near me. Those that made it to stores were all ordered/allocated.

Any idea on pricing for Seasoned Wood?

Edited by jackthedog
Clarity

6 hours ago, jackthedog said:

Cured Oak came and went pretty quickly near me. Those that made it to stores were all ordered/allocated.

Any idea on pricing for Seasoned Wood?

$70-80 retail has been the standard for these special releases if you can find them.

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2016‎ ‎9‎:‎52‎:‎57‎, JoeTerp said:

I doubt this one makes it into VA (for some reason the single barrel isn't even in VA).

was... isn't anymore.  they sell quick.

2 hours ago, B.B. Babington said:

was... isn't anymore.  they sell quick.

I've never even seen it listed on the website.  When did they have it?

it was, i special ordered one they 2nd day they posted it on the website. got a call later that distribution ran out.

13 hours ago, Fantasm said:

it was, i special ordered one they 2nd day they posted it on the website. got a call later that distribution ran out.

Nice to know.  I'll have to look a little more carefully this year.  Usually they put stuff on well before they get it in the stores.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw one Facebook post by someone who bought a bottle.  I think it was in Montana.  First I heard of any being sold.

My local guy initially said he was supposed to get some.  The last I heard he was not optimistic.

Edited by Tony Santana

I think I'm gonna sit on the porch and let the young uns fight over this one.

• 2 weeks later...

I got lucky yesterday. Walked in there was one behind the shelf. I have spoken with some of the other liquor stores in the area and if they received any they only got one.

Gary

Edited by gohrmund
Additional info

No sign of it yet in Colorado.  I've been asking around and there's been no indication that any stores have seen a bottle.

Gotta say I was really looking forward to this since I loved Cured Oak so much and I am a wheater fan so thought this would really deliver. Had one pour the other night and was not really impressed. Came off kind of bitter and hot. Hoping it settles some with air time.

I feel like this is getting more negative reviews than positive.  I also really like Cured Oak but haven't made much of an effort to try and get the Seasoned Wood.

Edited by dcbt

One of the larger Binny's near me only got three bottles.  Needless to say I'm not high enough up on the "list" to get a chance to try this so I'll take solace in seeing more negative reviews and tell myself I saved $80.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.