Is there a bourbon society or group in South Carolina

gohrmund
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I will be moving at the end of April. I read a lot about the GBS and the large group in the Atlanta, just wondering if SC has a group? I will be living in the middle of nowhere, but Seneca would be the closest to me.

Any chance the GBS would take an outsider?

Gary

16 hours ago, gohrmund said:

Any chance the GBS would take an outsider

Gary

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here. I'm an honorary/associate member of the GBS. I'm pretty sure the GBS would take you. You might have to deal with the goat twice though. :wub:

Cheers! Joe

Joe, Joe, Joe!    You are NOT supposed to discuss ANY of the initiation procedures in a public forum; let alone specifics such as the goat getting two shots at all non-GA supplicants.   I may have to refer you to the Grand Poobah, if you don't straighten up and fly right.   'Nuff said?

I am assuming that there is not a SC group. I cant find one online and no one here knows of one, it must not exist.

Gary

You could invite some friends over and start your own group. but that might degrade into trying to get rid of drunken sots at 2 in the morning.

That sounds like the end of every GBS event at Joe's house...

• I like it 1

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 11:12 PM, B.B. Babington said:

You could invite some friends over and start your own group. but that might degrade into trying to get rid of drunken sots at 2 in the morning.

I would love to start one up but I travel for work and can be gone up to 9 months.

• 1 year later...

Where are you in South Carolina. I know a couple guys that would be interested. 

I am in the middle of no where SC.  Close to Seneca I would say is safe for people to know.

Gary

Since you are in Seneca I got a proposal. I have a hunting cabin up in Long Creek and I am a big Bourbon Drinker.  If interested let me know and I will let you know when the next time I will be up there and you can come  up and sip a drop or two. I am usually up there to cut the grass every couple of weeks. 

Hey Seneca is very nice - my wife's niece and her husband live in Seneca!  Next time we're down to visit the BIL in Brevard, NC, I'll give all y'all a shout.  Can I come over and play - promise I'll bring somethin' somethin'.   :rolleyes:  

On 7/15/2017 at 8:20 PM, PalmettoG27 said:

I don't know.  But may be interested,

Columbia here.

Good to have another Columbia guy on here. Go to Bourbon on Main st at all?

I have a house about 2 blocks from Fireflies stadium (on Marion St.) in Columbia. I keep it for the kids to stay at when they are in town. We could always meet there.

2 hours ago, Enoch said:

I have a house about 2 blocks from Fireflies stadium (on Marion St.) in Columbia. I keep it for the kids to stay at when they are in town. We could always meet there.

I could walk. 

• 1 year later...

Has anything happened with getting a group of bourbon drinkers together in Columbia, SC.?  I know a bit about bourbon and have a pretty interesting supply and would like to get together with people with similar interests.

30 minutes ago, burghguy1 said:

Has anything happened with getting a group of bourbon drinkers together in Columbia, SC.?  I know a bit about bourbon and have a pretty interesting supply and would like to get together with people with similar interests.

Not yet. I’m game though. 

I'm game as well!

only closer to the Charleston area...

Edited by Shaniac

12 hours ago, Mako254 said:

@gohrmund

@Shaniac

@burghguy

@Cigars&Bourbon

y’all want to try and meet up?

In Columbia, obviously Bourbon has the best list in town. Midwood has a decent back bar as does Henrys on Devine. 

In. I can drive up from Charleston one Saturday as long as it's a weekend I don't have call.

On 8/4/2018 at 10:50 AM, Mako254 said:

@gohrmund

@Shaniac

@burghguy

@Cigars&Bourbon

y’all want to try and meet up?

In Columbia, obviously Bourbon has the best list in town. Midwood has a decent back bar as does Henrys on Devine. 

I would love to only my work schedule keeps me pretty busy which limits my travel time...  How many members here live in or around the Charleston area?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.