Abraham Bowman Release List

The Black Tot
3 minutes ago, tanstaafl2 said:

These have gotten even harder to find locally and a bit like PHC are seemingly getting more expensive with every release. I

Of course, brah - Bowman be truckin' in that Pappy Juice!!! People done figured that out, yo.

Just now, The Black Tot said:

Of course, brah - Bowman be truckin' in that Pappy Juice!!! People done figured that out, yo.

Well, the Pappiez are always at their best with a Gingerbread finish. Everybody knows that! ?

• I like it 1

It's weird that they're calling it Gingerbread #2 as it's their 3rd release that has aged in Hardywood Gingerbread Stout barrels.  I think the Cocoa name in the Gingerbread Coca release was just based on a tasting note and not any actual additives.

• 1 month later...
Bob_Loblaw
On 11/20/2020 at 11:27 PM, JoeTerp said:

It's weird that they're calling it Gingerbread #2 as it's their 3rd release that has aged in Hardywood Gingerbread Stout barrels.  I think the Cocoa name in the Gingerbread Coca release was just based on a tasting note and not any actual additives.

I have a chance to purchase this one and literally know nothing about it.  I am generally not a fan of finished whiskeys and see that the Gingerbread #1 was not the most well received.  

Anyone try this? Would have been much more excited if  Release 18 (the 14 yr 140pf) one had made its way out here. 

On 1/7/2021 at 1:56 PM, Bob_Loblaw said:

I have a chance to purchase this one and literally know nothing about it.  I am generally not a fan of finished whiskeys and see that the Gingerbread #1 was not the most well received.  

Anyone try this? Would have been much more excited if  Release 18 (the 14 yr 140pf) one had made its way out here. 

Don't know if this is too late, but I'd give it a try if you could.  I haven't tried it yet, but I have a few friends who have had it and say that it's very good.

The Release 18 was a very very small release.  I think only around 250 bottles were released as it was supposed to be a double barrel finish and it didn't pass quality control.  They ended up releasing some control barrels that were aging alongside it.

• I like it 2
  • 3 weeks later...
Bob_Loblaw
On 1/11/2021 at 12:39 AM, JoeTerp said:

Don't know if this is too late, but I'd give it a try if you could.  I haven't tried it yet, but I have a few friends who have had it and say that it's very good.

The Release 18 was a very very small release.  I think only around 250 bottles were released as it was supposed to be a double barrel finish and it didn't pass quality control.  They ended up releasing some control barrels that were aging alongside it.

I did end up picking it up, thanks.  I also have not tried it yet, but will post when I do.  Wow, that is a small release.  Did you end up getting to try #18?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 4:26 PM, Bob_Loblaw said:

I did end up picking it up, thanks.  I also have not tried it yet, but will post when I do.  Wow, that is a small release.  Did you end up getting to try #18?

I did end up getting to try it as I was able to attend the release dinner (they let us purchase a bottle too).  It was very good.  I'd put it behind the Sweet XVI and 12 year Port Finish but it's definitely ahead of a bunch of others (I really love the Coffee Finished one, but that one is very weird).  I haven't had the really early or TPS barrel proof ones so I can't compare it to those.

• I like it 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The release calendar on Breakingbourbon.com shows a TTB submission dated 1/27/21 for a 134 proof cask strength Abraham Bowman release.

https://ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=21027001000170

I've noticed this is listed on the NC ABC Commission's Feb-Apr quarterly price list as well. I've never had one of these limited edition expressions, but am a big fan of barrel strength bourbons & have loved everything I've had from this distillery thus far... so this particular release is extremely intriguing to me.

Any idea when these releases typically roll out?

Edited by k-train