Tampa Area Stores

mbroo5880i
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Heading to Indian Rocks Beach, Florida this weekend.  Are there any liquor stores worth visiting?  Not looking for limited releases.  Just different stuff compared to Indy. Maybe Weller, Hancock Reserve, Rock Hill, etc.  Probably will hit Tampa, Clearwater, St. Pete.  Thanks.

Edited by mbroo5880i

2 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Heading to Indian Rocks Beach, Florida this weekend.  Are there any liquor stores worth visiting?  Not looking for limited releases.  Just different stuff compared to Indy. Maybe Weller, Hancock Reserve, Rock Hill, etc.  Probably will hit Tampa, Clearwater, St. Pete.  Thanks.

I was down that way last month - DEFINITELY check out "Luekens Liquors" ..  23025 US Hwy 19 in Clearwater.  Also stores in Tampa at 4643 W Kennedy Blvd in Tampa, and in Dunedin at 944 Patricia Ave.  I went to all 3 and found some great bourbon selections compared to what we have here in middle Georgia. All three stores open at 8am as well (except Sun, when they open at 11am)

Edited by starhopper

Do yourself a favor and stop at Market Square Liquors in Tallahassee. Best selection in Florida IMO.

On 5/21/2016 at 0:50 AM, starhopper said:

I was down that way last month - DEFINITELY check out "Luekens Liquors" ..  23025 US Hwy 19 in Clearwater.  Also stores in Tampa at 4643 W Kennedy Blvd in Tampa, and in Dunedin at 944 Patricia Ave.  I went to all 3 and found some great bourbon selections compared to what we have here in middle Georgia. All three stores open at 8am as well (except Sun, when they open at 11am)

Thank you for the suggestion.  I visited the Lueken's store in Clearwater.  They had a few interesting bottles including Stagg Jr.  We are here all week so I picked a bottle of Knob Creek for the beach. I may check out one of the others stores and a couple of larger nonchain stores we saw.

On 5/21/2016 at 0:00 PM, BourbonJoe said:

Do yourself a favor and stop at Market Square Liquors in Tallahassee. Best selection in Florida IMO.

I wish we could stop there. Unfortunately,  it is too far from where we are.

6 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I wish we could stop there. Unfortunately,  it is too far from where we are.

Dunedin has a Luekken's as well.  If I recall they had Barterhouse and Elijah Craig 18 a month ago

We might try stopping there as well.  We also saw Yippee-Ki -Yay there but it was  $100.  They do have nice selection.  Thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.