Everyone in the world is drinking less alcohol, besides Americans

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Can one of you English majors please tell me what this means?  I have no idea what's going on.

Says Malandrakis, “While terms such as authenticity and craftsmanship are losing traction, the trajectories of sophistication, moderation, perceived exotic credentials, accessibility and restrained yet grounded aspirational attributes remain the key driving forces fuelling pockets of buoyancy.”

As far as I know, this means we are all returning to the bottom shelf.  And home brew.

8 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Can one of you English majors please tell me what this means?  I have no idea what's going on.

Says Malandrakis, “While terms such as authenticity and craftsmanship are losing traction, the trajectories of sophistication, moderation, perceived exotic credentials, accessibility and restrained yet grounded aspirational attributes remain the key driving forces fuelling pockets of buoyancy.”

As far as I know, this means we are all returning to the bottom shelf.  And home brew.

Kinda sounded the opposite to me.

Quality booze in a plain brown wrapper is losing traction but crap with an exotic back story that makes the pseudo cognoscenti think they look like they are super cool is carrying the day. Or some crap like that.

But it is pretty much Greek to me... :lol:

Marketing BULLSHIT, for certain.    But, I think Bruce's understanding is pretty close to the meaning.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.