Heathrow Duty Free

birdie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My brother is heading over from the UK and will be passing through Duty Free at London Heathrow, and asked me what would I like.

Anyone been through there lately and can talk to what bourbon they may have, obviously I would like something I cannot find here, Blanton's Gold and SFTB spring to mind, but last time I was there a few years ago they were nowhere to be found.

I was there just a few weeks ago. No Gold or SFTB. He can go to the Whisky Exchange and find the Gold. I'd tell him to bring you three Nikka Straight from the Barrel's instead.

The only thing that comes to mind that might be readily available at duty free is Jack Daniels Silver Select. I know it's not bourbon, but it is pretty darn tasty.

I was through Terminal 4 at Heathrow a few weeks ago, and wound up grabbing a Laphroaig PX Cask from World of Whiskies.  Same price as the Duty Free store, but they let me sample it first (which doesn't help you I realize, but just sharing for anyone else who might be going through).  I'd definitely check out the web-sites.  

I didn't see much interesting in either Frankfurt or Heathrow this year from a bourbon/whiskey perspective (certainly some interesting scotches).  You need to get out of the airport (if possible) and arrange with someone local for a pickup or local delivery.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.