What bottle did you open today? Summer 2016

elmossle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

7 hours ago, Golferpimp1 said:

I was thinking the same thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Yes indeed. After the workout is reserved for protein shakes and such so we tried it before the workout. Turns out it's a nice little kick and we usually get 2-3 other takes each week to join in with us. 

Opened a bottle of Knob Creek 9-year small batch 100-proof bourbon.  The strong oak character and somewhat hot burn on the tongue surprised me, even after letting it sit for 20 minutes before drinking.  Next shot I'll probably add a teeny bit of water.

Just opened a 1792 single barrel after a long day......surprisingly good esp for the price. If I ever see another I may snag it!!

Just opened a 1792 single barrel after a long day......surprisingly good esp for the price. If I ever see another I may snag it!!

I have had 2, both excellent. Looking for a replacement now.

finally opened my bottle of pappy 15 over the weekend to share with some friends that were over watching UFC 200.  definitely, some really good bourbon there.  too bad the fights were mostly disappointing though.

I wanted to have a couple special pours so I opened up my bottle of KC 2001 Batch 1.  I will reserve judgement on this until I have at least another pour.

I then followed that up with a small pour of Blanton's SFTB with a touch of water.  Great stuff!

Opened up another bottle of OWA to replace the once lost making my first SB Blend. Need to make sure I add more to the bunker when I find some more.

Opened up a bottle of OGD 114 tonight. It had been far too long since I enjoyed this stuff. Need to stock up on this since I found it for a reasonable price.

I've had just 1 bottle left of Weller 12 for some time now.  I've been holding off on opening it because I'm not sure when I'll find another.  Tonight I finally decided that if I don't open it, I might as well be out of it already.  So, this evening I cracked it open and had a nice sized pour.  Man.....I've missed this bourbon.  Now I've just gotta keep from drinking it too quickly!

Opened my first bottle of EC NAS. Not too bad. LesS oakey tha the 12, but a decent pour nontheless. Still prefer the 12. Luckily I bought several family size bottles while they still were available. 

I found an excellent bottle to help celebrate my birthday today, CEHT Small Batch. That stuff went down faster than any other bottle of 100 proof that I've bought. It goes well with my idea of a special occasion bourbon.

Opened up bottles of Angel's Envy and Woodford Reserve Double Oak.  Both are new to me.  First impressions are that both will work very well as easy sippers for me.  Impressed.

IMG_3657.jpg  IMG_3663.jpg

• 1 month later...

Wow, hard to believe that no one has opened a single bottle since July:huh:. I guess that means there will be a run on posts in the empty bottle thread. Anyway, this past weekend I opened up a bottle of FRPS OBSO measuring 10yrs 4 months. I also opened up a bottle of ECBP, but I can't remember which batch it is. The good things is both are damn good and I am looking to open a few more bottle this week.

A bottle of Noah's Mill which was awfull, even with some air, i can't drink it. I've opened my M10 2015 recently, a very nice bourbon, i'm enjoying every pour, i'm trying to score another one, but not easy to find at a fair price.

Feeling like the only one here right now...

Opened an older felt label HMSB10BIB barreled 10/5/01

and this is my 1,000th post it appears

Congratulations on 100 posts!  I have one of those old label HMcK BIBs in my collection.  One day I'll have to do an inventory and look at the dates.   

Edited by PaulO

An old 1792 Ridgemont Reserve Single Barrel Select from a store near my house.  "Friend's Choice Barrel No. 11".  No idea what this is going to taste like, but that's the fun of store selects.  Especially long gone ones.

Opened up ECBP batches #11, 12 last night. Look forward to getting to know these bottles over the coming months. 

image.jpeg

Edited by Wedelstaedt
Photo added

I opened up something a little different for a change. I figured I deserved it. ;)

Cheers! Joe

orvw.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.