Interesting read on next Booker's Batch

Tennessee Dave
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well. that sounds like waaaaay too much fun!    I'm sure the decision reached will do credit to the brand, and I'm equally sure a bottle will find it's way onto my shelf.

THX.  I'm pleased that the pickers decided to stay close to the profile instead of going crazy.

You know that the times have changed when Robb Report is covering lowly bourbon. :lol:

At this point, I think the sole purpose of the round table batches is to get the participants to write articles about them.  

On July 1, 2016 at 4:43 PM, Harry in WashDC said:

THX.  I'm pleased that the pickers decided to stay close to the profile instead of going crazy.

Although it certainly seems like those other two will likely be later batches (maybe even other 2016 batches). 

1 hour ago, jsrudd said:

At this point, I think the sole purpose of the round table batches is to get the participants to write articles about them.  

Probably. 

Its a a good marketing tool by Beam and who really cares if the bourbon is still good. 

Agreed staying close to Bookers traditional profile is best.

But, don't be surprised if we see a Booker's -- or maybe Fred's -- brand extension of the "losing" profiles.

And I welcome them. This -- and not the scientific "signature" series -- is "Noe" territory. Leave the science brands to BT and focus on finding 200 barrels here and there in the Beam rick houses that Fred can wax poetic over. (Back to reality, such an effort would produce sales figures that are, in equivalent terms, an accounting department rounding error of daily JB white sales.) Oh well, a boy can dream yes? Just think what's out there in the Beams ricks!

Joe & Mark, I agree.  Back when the JB "Signature" series started, I tried a few but have gotten out of the habit of buying them.  They got too cute, kind of like some chefs started combining foods that don't go together.   OTOH, as Mark pointed out, with all those barrels, JB must have sufficient barrels with peculiar characteristics inside to keep enthusiasts (as opposed to collectors or shiny thing hunters) happy.

AND, how does one distinguish between enthusiasts and collectors/shiny thing hunters?  Easy - enthusiasts drink most or all of what they buy, sometimes in the dark of night and alone.  Without telling anybody except the readers of the "What are you drinking . . ." threads on SB.:D

Larceny in cocktails earlier, OGD bonded as you read this.

Edited by Harry in WashDC

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.