Lionstone Whisky

dSculptor
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hey -

My dad just found these decanters -full - I've seen others around, but does anyone know the story on them (Lionstone)? I did some searching and found that Lionstone was a decanter company that filled them up with other whisky? Any idea what whisky was put in them? Tempted to try these , the one on the left is from 1969, and says bottled in Lawrenceburg 8 yrs old, the other 1973 and it says Distilled in Bardstown, my other concern would be the lead issue.

lionstone1.jpg

I don't know anything about them but if the one on the right has had cork in it since the 70's I am not so sure it would be very good! And how would someone know if they hadn't already tried to open it? Seems a bit odd.

There are tax strips on the back that are both intact, I guess the one on the right was leaking a little and he tried to turn the head to tighten it and it broke -  I think that's what happened. I don't think that the cork is inside with the whisky just broke off in the neck or in the head, I'll have to ask him about that one. Wish I could figure out who's whisky is in them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.