Bruichladdich now shipping whisky to the United States

garbanzobean
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Bruichladdich put up a blog post a couple days ago announcing that they are now shipping to much of the United States.  Read it here:

https://www.bruichladdich.com/article/deliveries-to-the-usa

I have to say, this is exciting news in spite of the rather steep shipping cost.  Hopefully other distilleries will follow their example.  It would be lovely to participate in the Springbank Society, for instance.

Edited by garbanzobean

Interesting, as a quick check of the OLCC's website shows the State of Oregon awash in Bruichladdich.

Are they shipping items not available in the liquor stores?

Yes.  Distillery and web store exclusive whiskies.  I looked through their inventory a bit ago and saw some nice expressions, but nothing I really wanted.  I am more excited for the potential for other distilleries to follow the same path.  It isn't going to save anyone in the States any money on standard expressions, but could allow us access to rare bottlings that would otherwise be unavailable outside of auction.   Sometimes distillery fan clubs (not sure what else to call them) get exclusive access to expressions that are reasonable in cost relative to what they would be if released for general sale.  Springbank, Lagavulin, Arran, Ardbeg, and many other distilleries have done this in the past.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.