The bourbon I have never had and most want to taste is...?

Buckky
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well, I had Pappy 20 one time and it was beautiful.

The top of my wish list for a long time has been Rock Hill Farms. Another would be an older bottle of Wild Turkey 12-yr old.

Gee, I don't know. confused.gif So many bourbons, so little availability!

Tim

Wish you were here to share, but I had a pour of Pappy for an early new years celebration. Now there's nothing else to look forward to, so I'm going to bed. Happy New Year

drinking.gif

Dane

Van Winkle 23yo. I have on hand, but unopened, the Pappy 20yo and ugly, old gold-label 12yo Wild Turkey mentioned by others here, but will taste them eventually. But, as much as I'd like to taste it, I can't imagine ever spending $180 for a single bottle of bourbon, even the ultimate Van Winkle.

Same here. I saw a bottle of Van Winkle 23 in a store last Saturday and picked it up to admire it. Nice black velvet-like bag with it too. Then I saw the price shocked.gif and very, very carefully put the bottle back on the shelf.

Too bad these expensive ones are not available in minis: I'd spring $12 - $15 for a 50 mL mini of Van Winkle 23. Alternatively, someone could buy a bottle and re-bottle it into little food-grade Lexan bottles, like the ones sold by Nalgene

http://www.nalgene-outdoor.com/store/

and sell the bottles and contents, at bourbon and bottle cost plus postage, to friends. I know some folks (thanks, Sir Dave, if you are lurking! bowdown.gif)who swap single malt minis this way, and it makes it possible for more people to try whiskeys that they otherwise will only hear about. I have some of the Nalgene Lexan bottles that are 30 mL size, but they actually hold 35 mL, which is not a full mini, but they also have 60 mL bottles for only a little higher cost. Anyway, it's a shame we can't try all the bourbons we would like to just because they cannot be found in most places. Happy New Year! Cheers, Ed

How much did they want for that bottle of new Pappy 23yo in Massachusetts, Ed? I know it is now in Chicago at Binny's and Sam's for $200, while the Lexington and Louisville shops have been lucky to get a bottle or two a week.

The Pappy 23 was actually at Town Wine & Spirits in Rhode Island and, IIRC, it was $179.95 + 7% sales tax. Ed

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.