What bourbon did you purchase today? Fall 2016

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just now, beasled said:

Smart move!

You were right, its absolutly fabulous, i had a pour pour last night, it blew me away.

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 6:11 PM, Prof_Stack said:

At Total Wine in Seattle, I bought a smooth Black Ridge Bourbon, a bottle I haven't had in over a year.  The head whiskey guy says its "similar" to Elmer T. Lee bourbon.  Dunno about that, since I've never had it.

While there, I noticed 4 types of Booker's Bourbon, all priced at $76 before WA taxes.  Fuck Beam.  I also noticed that the One-Liter sized Knob Creek has no age statement on the front label, or anywhere on the label.  The other KC had 9-year statements.

Black Ridge Bourbon.jpg

Sounds like one of those bottles TW staff gets a commission on if they can push it out the door. NAS Barton whiskey from Sazerac. The seem to have several of these labels floating around. Walking Stick was another as I recall.

I can't seem to stop myself from buying OWA whenever I see it. It was the last bottle and it's a Single Barrel Store Pick so the temptation was just to much to resist. 

1 hour ago, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

I can't seem to stop myself from buying OWA whenever I see it. It was the last bottle and it's a Single Barrel Store Pick so the temptation was just to much to resist. 

Nice!

Don't blame you there, I wish some OWA would find it's way here.

10 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Sounds like one of those bottles TW staff gets a commission on if they can push it out the door. NAS Barton whiskey from Sazerac. The seem to have several of these labels floating around. Walking Stick was another as I recall.

Indeed it is. I compared notes with the Professor and we've gotten that song and dance from two different TW locations. Seems like they've been coached to push this story. 

I've got a couple dozen bunkered because I simply love the stuff, but ran across a couple EC12 (age on rear label) while grocery shopping today. They went home with me for $25.77 a fifth.

32 minutes ago, MOwhisky4me said:

I've got a couple dozen bunkered because I simply love the stuff, but ran across a couple EC12 (age on rear label) while grocery shopping today. They went home with me for $25.77 a fifth.

Commitment!

16 hours ago, MOwhisky4me said:

I'm the same way, if I see an EC12 and it's roughly retail, it's ROBO-COPPED.

Today I picked up a rendezvous rye, old crow reserve, and scored a WLW

On 1/9/2017 at 0:09 PM, tanstaafl2 said:

Almost.  TW staff does NOT get a commission on "Spirits Direct" brands, corporate just makes more money.  There is a promise of a small "bonus" if the store exceeds their % of SD sales from the last year, but have never seen it.   :angry:

On 1/9/2017 at 4:36 PM, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

2 bottles of OWA today, payed more than I wanted to,  but I like the stuff and that's all I have to hold me over for the foreseeable future. Single Barrel store pick up sounds like a dream come true. 

14 hours ago, knoxdocs said:

2 bottles of OWA today, payed more than I wanted to,  but I like the stuff and that's all I have to hold me over for the foreseeable future. Single Barrel store pick up sounds like a dream come true. 

If you're looking to make your "dream come true", I may have a solution for you.  I'm heading down to Knoxville in mid-February to officiate at the SEC Swimming Championships @ UT.  Please feel free to PM me (I already tried to send you a message) if you're interested.   ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2016 at 11:26 PM, elmossle said:

Managed to find a bottle of 1792 High Rye today. Looking forward to giving it a go and seeing if it is worth capturing a few more for the bunker. With any luck, I am hoping it has a little Four Roses OB spice and kick to it which would be awesome.

Thoughts on the High Rye? I saw a bottle at my local store today and grabbed it on a whim. 

3 hours ago, jd1585 said:

Thoughts on the High Rye? I saw a bottle at my local store today and grabbed it on a whim. 

I bought one a couple weeks ago but have yet to try it. $31.99. It was the only one on the shelf.

I think it is very good. I wouldn't pay $50 for it, but it is well worth the low $30's price IMO. I bought a few more after opening one up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.