Searching for rare bourbons using amex

morebourbon85
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Any of you guys have luck with using the Amex concierge to search for rare/hard to find bourbons?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

the "rare" bourbons I'm hunting for are called "dusties" and doubt seriously AMEX can help in any way.   Most of the places I find them don't take cards!

If you have an Amex Black, I'd be shocked if they couldn't turn up a few bottles for you. Lower tiers, that's an interesting question.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I have the platinum. I put the request in and they should get back to me within a few days. The guy seemed pretty helpful. Let's see. I'll let you guys know.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I'm sure the concierge can use google or wine searcher to find any number of shops selling bottles at secondary prices or higher.  It's an interesting idea to try but I doubt it will yield anything at reasonable prices.

Seems to me that for every concierge who probably doesn't know much about bourbon, there are 100 (1000? more?) hobbyists exhausting more avenues than a concierge would know to check to find these same bottles.  Which is to say, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.