Lies I've Been Told About the Seelbach Cocktail

tanstaafl2
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well now, here is a bit of a curiosity. Saw his on Camper English's blog and it has the link to the NY Times article that (presumably) reveals the truth directly from the source, Adam Seger. Thought the other 2 or 3 of us who are cocktail history nerds (ok, I may be the only one!) might find this amusing.

Not the first time a story has been made up about the origin of a cocktail , as the articles note, but a pretty good job of keeping the secret of a "classic" for as long as he did.

And of course you knew Gaz! After all you are a cocktail demigod, Really, I believe you... :lol:

Interesting and fun stuff, Bruce.    Thanx for putting the linx up for us to enjoy.

• 4 weeks later...

Mother duck!  You mean the dozen or so cocktail history books I own have falsehoods in them?  You mean the story I've been telling when I serve this is no better than the Templeton Bourbon story?  I am chagrined.

OTOH, I like this cocktail.  So, I'll just stop telling the old story.

In sum - THX for the link.

Very interesting Bruce. I've been to the lobby bar and had a Seelbach at the Seelbach out of nostalgia. Too bad it was faux nostalgia. But a decent cocktail though. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.