Elijah Craig 12yr

Big Rick
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I hadn't bought any EC 12 in some time as I have been trying to expand my horizons. Last week I grabbed a bottle without really looking at it. When I got home I noticed that the age statement was no longer on the label. Curious as to why I contacted HH thru the Bardstown Whiskey Society. Here is the result...

Thank you for contacting Heaven Hill Brands and your inquiry and patronage of Elijah Craig.  We thoroughly enjoy hearing from our loyal consumers and sincerely appreciate your patronage of our products.

The Elijah Craig Small Batch labels that have the 12 year statement are still 12 years aged.  There has been a label change recently.

This recent label update to the product was made due to the availability of 12-year-old barrels presenting supply limitations.  We want to grow the consumer base of the brand.  However, given the explosion of American Whiskey in the past several years, maintaining the 12-year-old age would mean a dramatic reduction in product volume.

One of the great things about Elijah Craig is its quality to value ratio.  If we needed to rely strictly on 12-year-old barrels, it would have necessitated steep price increases to the trade and, therefore, consumers. Few barrels and exorbitant prices is not our vision for Elijah Craig.  Our Elijah Craig Small Batch is now a blend of 8-12 year barrels. 

As a family owned, independent company, Heaven Hill Brands takes inquiries from our customers very seriously and hope that our prompt response is evidence of this.  Thank you for your patronage of our brand and if I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

Thanks again,

Shelby Mattingly

Consumers Relations Administrator

Heaven Hill Brands

502-337-9429

smattingly@heavenhill.com

Bought a bottle last week, traded it for a 1.75 of Very Old Barton. Bought another bottle yesterday.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.