???'s on Bellows Club Bourbon est. 1830

giobi
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have no reason to doubt you, Bobby, or Gary and Mardee, so it's possible their practice has changed. My information on this subject is dated.

I suppose these posts should now go to "off topic" but I've not tried the Goose Island BHS and will do so! Sounds great! Combines 2 of my passions into one! --Greg

I drink OGD 86 often and OGD 114 as much as possible (which is not much). The 114 is big, bold, sweet, round, flavorful - sort of like Rare Breed but with different flavors. I can detect some similarity in the 86 but, by comparison, it is thin, watery, and a bit vodka-ish. Some bourbon flavor is there, but it certainly doesn't bloom like the 114. After saying all that, OGD 86 is still one of my favorite low-priced pours (when I can get it on sale).

Since I've never had the BH, I can't make that comparison.

Tim

Thanks Tim, excellent notes.

Now does anyone have an Old Grandad circa 1975 in the bunker..? smile.gif

Gary

Somewhere in the Regans Book they say that Beam " Barrels to Product"

I have Regans' book and at the moment am unable to find it in there.At any rate I spoke to someone who rolls barrels for Jim Beam, and it is the practice to mark the barrels as to what product it will eventually become. They also are bringing the white dog off at different proofs based on what bottling it will be. It almost seems that this would be the industry standard , can you imagine someone crawling over 1.2 million barrels deciding what will become what.

Even Buffalo Trace knows which barrels they plan to become Blantons.

can you imagine someone crawling over 1.2 million barrels deciding what will become what

I can imagine it, very dimly, but that person actually would be PAID to have that much fun. grin.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif What a job! Cheers, Ed V.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.