Crown royal reserve - pleasant surprise

bdrinker
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

56d1e23925a04f485da71d31df47aa22.jpg

Nose: Aromatic bourbony nose, stewed apple, butterscotch, honey, oak and spices in the background.

Taste: sweet, rye spices, minty, reminds me of frsmb.

Finish: rye spices, medium long.

Very nice and easy drinking. Pleasantly surprised. Your thoughts?

I'm a CR fan having found my way to the brand when it launched in Australia a few years ago.  We don't get the entire range, but this one is my favorite of what we do get here - I even rate it above the premium XR bottle.  For the record, I think your tasting notes are pretty spot-on as well.

I have an older bottle of the CR Reserve I purchased at an Estate Sale. Very smooth, but old enough to be a completely different juice. I'll track down one of these -- your tasting notes are intriguing, and I think it's under $30 in my neck o the woods. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, bdrinker said:

Very nice and easy drinking.

The hallmark of Canadian whisky ... and the reason most reside on the bottom shelf with very little attention paid to them.

One more thing I forgot to mention is that I just cracked it open, and it nosed great and tasted great from the first pour. Usually when I open a whisky or bourbon, it's closed up and needs some time to open up. This one was ready right off the bat. It's a screw top by btw, not cork. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.