Average intake?

BSS
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just to be curious, how much bourbon do you all go through during a week. I know some of you all say you love your bourbon.....so what constitutes love for you all?

For me, if I make it halfway through a bottle in a month I'm doing well.

I usually have 5 or 6 drinks a week, but not all of them are bourbon. I got interested in bourbon over the summer, and I haven't emptied a bottle yet. I do have quite a few bottles open though, and if I had to guess, I'd say the total consumption is about half a bottle a month. Since I buy more than that, the collection has been growing quite nicely toast.gif

Steve

DaveM did a poll on this a while back. CLICK HERE to see what people were saying then. Looks like most of us have 3-6 drinks per week. I personally have 1 per night on average, but sometimes will go a week without a drink, especially when training.

I keep my daily consumption to usually only one drink, rarely more than two, and never more than three.

That said, I usually only have a drink on three to five days per week. I probably average about four drinks per week. So, a bottle every three or four weeks.

I am getting old, now. I used to drink a lot more. But, I can't abuse myself like that, anymore and I wish now that I never had. My ability to control myself for the past few years came from a witicism by the poet, Dorothy Parker:

Ah, martinis. One's just right. Two's too many. Three's not enough.

Tim

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.