Classic Cask bourbon?

SteveZZZ
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I found a post from about 2 years ago that mentioned Classic Cask 17yo bourbon, but the information in it seemed a bit limited. I've just managed to get my hands on a bottle of the stuff, and would like to know a bit about it. I plan on opening it up to do a tasting here in the next few days, but until then, here's a picture. Just in case it didn't turn out too well, the front says:

The Classic Cask

Hand Crafted Single Batch

Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whisket

Batch # GL-107

Distilled 1985

Bottled 2002

Bottle #566/600

90.8 Proof

45.4% Alc. By Vol.

Aged 17 Years

Distilled and Bottled in Kentucky

And on the back it says:

Bottled By:

The Classic Cask Company

Bardstown, Kentucky

post-366-1448981137495_thumb.jpg

My recollection is that Classic Cask was a company (or maybe the company name was Nine Flagons, something like that) which imported its own private label single malts and decided to try a private label bourbon. It wasn't around long. I never had any.

I've seen Classic Cask at Russell's (internetwine.com) in both the 17yr and also a rye. As they normally are very proud of their stock, I have to pass on both as the price they ask over the net is 63.46 for the bourbon and 143.66 for the rye. A bit steep for me. frown.gif

IW.com had it listed on their website (the 18 year old) last week but it turns out it really was not in stock after all. I wonder if it's because they had it marked down to around $50 with the 25% off...

Hmmm, they had it last week when I dropped in. I wonder if that's the surprise my buddy Rick told me about for next time I come to visit?

I've seen classic cask out here in California...both the bourbon and the rye. I too have consistently passed it up because of the price, which is generally $65-$85 for either the bourbon or the rye. Maybe someday I'll break down and try it.

who actually distilled this? the general consensus seems to be that these "off brands" are originally Heaven Hill??

While in New York I saw abottle of Classic Cask 21 yr old

Rye which is new. In Maryland you can still get the bourbon and the rye(17 and 15 yr old respectively).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.