Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bullitt

Williamsburg, VA Indian Corn Bourbon Tasting Event

Recommended Posts

bullitt

What does anyone make of this?

https://www.facebook.com/events/226431161155107/

 

*Williamsburg Distillery is the only fully functional historically-themed distillery in the world dedicated to the research, restoration, reenactment and creation of distilled spirits from the American colonial period of 1600 to 1776.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tanstaafl2
14 hours ago, bullitt said:

What does anyone make of this?

https://www.facebook.com/events/226431161155107/

 

*Williamsburg Distillery is the only fully functional historically-themed distillery in the world dedicated to the research, restoration, reenactment and creation of distilled spirits from the American colonial period of 1600 to 1776.

 

Never been so couldn't say. Might make a nice souvenir but if the Mount Vernon/George Washington whiskey is any indication I wouldn't expect much from the whiskey itself. Besides, the colonists drank a lot of nasty stuff back in those days! That is why they made a lot of punch with plenty of sugar in the booze....

 

And if it is as pricey as the Mount Vernon whiskey it may not be all that good a souvenir either! :huh:

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy Hal

This post caught my eye, as I visit the area often and my daughter now works there.  Never heard of the Williamsburg Distrillery, but have tasted the offerings from Copper Fox. (Scotch, gin, ehh.)  A quick search found that what was the "Williamsburg Distillery" is now going by the name 8 Shires.  Their site indicates that the next batch of "indian corn bourbon" will be available in 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry in WashDC
8 hours ago, Happy Hal said:

This post caught my eye, as I visit the area often and my daughter now works there.  Never heard of the Williamsburg Distrillery, but have tasted the offerings from Copper Fox. (Scotch, gin, ehh.)  A quick search found that what was the "Williamsburg Distillery" is now going by the name 8 Shires.  Their site indicates that the next batch of "indian corn bourbon" will be available in 2019.

THX for the head's up.  We get down there a couple of times a year.  If I do drop in to 8 Shires/WmsbgDistillery, I'll take pictures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DCFan
On 1/31/2017 at 1:20 PM, tanstaafl2 said:

Besides, the colonists drank a lot of nasty stuff back in those days! That is why they made a lot of punch with plenty of sugar in the booze....

And it’s why the BIB Act was enacted so quickly in our new country’s history.

 

ok a quick search showed it wasn’t as quick as I originally thought. ;)

Edited by DCFan
I was off by about a 100 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...